$1,000 Bag of Silver

Old October 12th 03, 07:44 PM
WinWinscenario

Collecting is fun, but nothing is 100 percent sure.

Joe Fischer

Joe, do you look both ways when crossing a one-way street?

Regards,
Tom
Old October 12th 03, 07:47 PM
Bob Peterson

Actually, there were no budget surpluses. all the talk of surplus was just
that talk. The federal government continued to spend more than it took in,
as evidenced by the continued growth of the federal debt. That's the only
really reliable measure of the deficit.

"WinWinscenario" wrote in message
Its seems so obvious, yet there is little empirical evidence
to support that contention. Inflation has been quite low, even though

the
federal deficit has been steadily growing for 20 years now.

Actually, inflation was rising rapidly in the '80s when Reagan introduced
record deficits. Then the budget deficits stopped growing in the '90s,
actually went into surplus for the first time since Kennedy due to some
economic brilliance by whatz-his-name. Now we're back to new extremes in
deficits. Of course that will have upward pressure on interest rates,

because
of the increased borrowing, and that will inevitably impact inflation.

There
really is no free lunch.

Regards,
Tom

Old October 13th 03, 12:08 AM
Bob Peterson

"WinWinscenario" wrote in message
Collecting is fun, but nothing is 100 percent sure.

Joe Fischer

Joe, do you look both ways when crossing a one-way street?

looking both ways at any intersection is a reasonable precaution. its also
appropriate to develop safe habits, even if in a specific case a safe habit
may not be necessary. although in this case, there is no telling what some
nitwit driver will do.

Regards,
Tom

Old October 13th 03, 09:01 PM
gogu

? "Joe Fischer" ?????? ??? ??????

Rumors are worth what they cost, especially if they
come from DC. Half the world wants dollars,

Hmmm.... I was in Romania a few days ago for a short trip and I was
astonished to see how fast the people there changed from the dollar to the
euro!
Since 1977 I had my first contact with this country, *everything* was
calculated
in US dollars! Now, it seems like the US dollar was never there and
everybody is discussing in euros! Same goes for Bulgaria. My wife has a
small clothing factory there (200 -220 workers, cheap labor to produce the
Levis pants or the Lacoste shirts you wear :-)) and since a few months they
were forced to change and calculate salaries instead of US dollars in
euros:-)
How fast some things change in economy:-)))

rgrds

--
E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure in codesto reame
debban risolversi tutte con grandi puttane!

Coin Toning Question ynotan Coins 3 October 6th 03 09:28 AM
FS: 90% silver, Lexington-Concord, Elgin, 1882 Morgan Bill Krummel Coins 0 September 16th 03 05:23 AM
Coin Talk Needs You Peter T Davis Coins 51 September 16th 03 01:19 AM
Collecting Silver Coin vs. Collecting Silver Bullion? Jay Quinn Coins 4 July 31st 03 06:50 PM
Cost of silver dollars at 1980 peak Roland Watson Coins 4 July 26th 03 09:33 PM