Guess what I got!

Old December 20th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
kathy1945

Default Guess what I got!

Guess what I got in the mail - a consolation prize, as runner-up in
Mike's contest! It's a beautiful 1921 Morgan dollar, and it now lives
happily in my Peace dollar collection - in the once-empty 1928 slot.
Thank you, Mike. What a great Christmas surprise!

Old December 20th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

I think that you got the 1st Annual Ethics in Numismatics award. I am
glad that you
received it, and think that the sender deserves a pat on the back as
well.

Old December 21st 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula

"kathy1945" wrote in
ps.com:

Guess what I got in the mail - a consolation prize, as runner-up in
Mike's contest! It's a beautiful 1921 Morgan dollar, and it now
lives happily in my Peace dollar collection - in the once-empty
1928 slot. Thank you, Mike. What a great Christmas surprise!

Huh??? I'm confused. You received a 1921 Morgan Dollar, and put it in
the 1928 slot of your Peace Dollar collection??? I don't get it.

But, congrats on your gift! And, good job on being an honest person!

Happy Holidays!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Old December 21st 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
kathy1945

Eric: I don't have a very extensive collection of coins. Previously I
'd bought a Peace dollar set, minus the '28 - the only affordable way
(for me). When Mike sent me a silver dollar, even older and more
special than the Peace dollars, I wanted a secure way to display it,
but didn't have one. So I placed it in the '28 Peace slot. It's safe
there, and believe me, it adds a certain "je ne sais quoi" to the whole
deal. Happy holidays to you, too, and to everybody!

Kathy Hills
Camden, Tennessee, U.S.A.

Eric Babula wrote:
"kathy1945" wrote in
ps.com:

Old December 22nd 06, 12:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula

"kathy1945" wrote in
ps.com:

Eric: I don't have a very extensive collection of coins.
Previously I 'd bought a Peace dollar set, minus the '28 - the only
affordable way (for me). When Mike sent me a silver dollar, even
older and more special than the Peace dollars, I wanted a secure
way to display it, but didn't have one. So I placed it in the '28
Peace slot. It's safe there, and believe me, it adds a certain "je
ne sais quoi" to the whole deal. Happy holidays to you, too, and
to everybody!

Kathy Hills
Camden, Tennessee, U.S.A.

Oh, I understand, now! I thought it was just a typo, or misunderstanding
of what you really had! ;-)

Sorry - my misunderstanding!

Do you have a 1921 High Relief Peace, then? I have one, but it has
problems (cleaned). Looking to upgrade to AU/MS, at some point. I don't
have a '28, either , nor the '34-S - those are the only three that I
need to finish my AU+ set of Peace Dollars. Sigh. Some day. But, the
Peace Dollar set isn't my highest priority.

Have a great Holiday Season! And, enjoy that Morgan amongst the Peace
Dollars!!!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Guess what?!? [email protected] 8 Track Tapes 1 July 31st 06 08:50 PM
RCC Contest MY GUESS Wes Chormicle Coins 6 September 2nd 05 09:23 PM
Aureus - guess the grade jzrarities Coins 12 October 27th 04 02:39 PM
I guess I'll never learn Cliff Coins 14 May 6th 04 01:03 AM
Guess the medal part II (guess the time) David Hamilton Coins 33 December 9th 03 05:57 AM