More Italian varieties

Old December 12th 10, 10:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

Default More Italian varieties

I have recently acquired some more interesting items
that have been uploaded on to my website.

The first two are varieties:

http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/po/occaust/vg16k.jpg

Italian Occupation of Venezia Giulia 3 kronen carmine
on granite paper - a scarce stamp in itself but
this one has no stop after 18 (acquired exceedingly cheaply
due to an error in the auction description which said 1 krone)

http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/po/occaust/de1b.jpg

A block of 4 of the una corona overprint of Italian Occupation
of Dalmatia, one of which has the a of una in a much smaller typeface.

http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/po/occaust/de2.jpg

An unissued Express stamp of Dalmatia that had the incorrect description
of value Lire 1,20 di corana (It should have been 1,20 Corona)

http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/cln/index.html

I have added two of the CLN issues of Valle Bormida to this page.

Enjoy!

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old December 12th 10, 10:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

In a recent message Tony Clayton wrote:

I have recently acquired some more interesting items
that have been uploaded on to my website.

The first two are varieties:

http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/po/occaust/vg16k.jpg

Italian Occupation of Venezia Giulia 3 kronen carmine
on granite paper - a scarce stamp in itself but
this one has no stop after 18 (acquired exceedingly cheaply
due to an error in the auction description which said 1 krone)

URL error. This should be

http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/po/occaust/d1b.jpg

A block of 4 of the una corona overprint of Italian Occupation
of Dalmatia, one of which has the a of una in a much smaller typeface.

http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/po/occaust/de2.jpg

An unissued Express stamp of Dalmatia that had the incorrect description
of value Lire 1,20 di corana (It should have been 1,20 Corona)

http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/cln/index.html

I have added two of the CLN issues of Valle Bormida to this page.

Enjoy!

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
http://www.coins-of-the-uk.co.uk
Sent using RISCOS using VirtualAcorn-SA running on a PC
.... Modem, said the gardener when he'd finished the lawn..
Old January 8th 11, 05:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

I have acquired an interesting mint block of 4 postage due stamps from the
Italian Occupation
of Trento and Trieste.

http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/po/occaust/ttd2c.jpg

Both Sassone (Segnatasse 2c) and Gibbons (D77a) describe this as inverted
figures of value and surcharge.

Would you rather describe it as having an inverted frame?
Which way up would you mount it?

--
Tony Clayton

Old January 8th 11, 06:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jan 8, 12:50*pm, "Tony Clayton" wrote:
I have acquired an interesting mint block of 4 postage due stamps from the
Italian Occupation
of Trento and Trieste.

http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/po/occaust/ttd2c.jpg

Both Sassone (Segnatasse 2c) and Gibbons (D77a) describe this as inverted
figures of value and surcharge.

Would you rather describe it as having an inverted frame?
Which way up would you mount it?

--
Tony Clayton

Since these stamps passed through the press 3 times,
the frame first, value second and the opt. third , then I
would suggest that the frame was not inverted.
The value and overprint were not printed properly and
are therefore inverted.
Old January 10th 11, 07:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

Blair (TC) wrote:
On Jan 8, 12:50 pm, "Tony Clayton" wrote:
I have acquired an interesting mint block of 4 postage due stamps
from the Italian Occupation
of Trento and Trieste.

http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/po/occaust/ttd2c.jpg

Both Sassone (Segnatasse 2c) and Gibbons (D77a) describe this as
inverted figures of value and surcharge.

Would you rather describe it as having an inverted frame?
Which way up would you mount it?

--
Tony Clayton

Since these stamps passed through the press 3 times,
the frame first, value second and the opt. third , then I
would suggest that the frame was not inverted.
The value and overprint were not printed properly and
are therefore inverted.

That is how I feel it should be, and how it is mounted in my collection.

It is nice to acquire such a nice piece for less than 4% of its catalogue
value
(and no, you doubters, it IS genuine; it was just misdescribed)!

--
Tony Clayton

Italian Stamp Varieties Tony Clayton[_2_] General Discussion 23 March 17th 09 09:45 PM
US Varieties list? Rod General Discussion 6 June 30th 06 12:11 PM
FA: Morgan Varieties Cliff Lawless Coins 0 March 11th 06 11:32 AM
1972 varieties Scott Stevenson Coins 0 February 16th 06 01:25 AM
Best Price and Great Varieties Miraj Trading Cards:- non-sport 0 June 24th 04 06:17 PM