Cuba stamps

Old October 12th 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default Cuba stamps

In 2005 Cuba issued a set of eight stamps for the 50th anniversary of
Europa.
I would like to have catalogue number and price for these.
They are illegal in the USA and will not be in Scott catalogue.

Thanks,

Ralphael, the OLD one

Old October 13th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Oct 12, 4:43 pm, Ralphael1 wrote:
In 2005 Cuba issued a set of eight stamps for the 50th anniversary of
Europa.
I would like to have catalogue number and price for these.
They are illegal in the USA and will not be in Scott catalogue.

Thanks,

Ralphael, the OLD one

Ralph:

Scott has continued to list the stamps of Cuba since 1961.
My 2004 Scotts covers to the end of 2002.

Because Pres. Kennedy made the importation of Cuban
stamps (into the USA) illegal in 1961, Scott has not
VALUED these stamps.

By the way, these stamps may be legally retained by
US collectors, however, if they paid postage on mail
from Cuba. Best idea is to collect them on cover.

Blair

Old October 13th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default (RCSD) Cuba stamps

On Oct 12, 11:25 pm, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
On Oct 12, 4:43 pm, Ralphael1 wrote:

In 2005 Cuba issued a set of eight stamps for the 50th anniversary of
Europa.
I would like to have catalogue number and price for these.
They are illegal in the USA and will not be in Scott catalogue.

Thanks,

Ralphael, the OLD one

Ralph:

Scott has continued to list the stamps of Cuba since 1961.
My 2004 Scotts covers to the end of 2002.

Because Pres. Kennedy made the importation of Cuban
stamps (into the USA) illegal in 1961, Scott has not
VALUED these stamps.

By the way, these stamps may be legally retained by
US collectors, however, if they paid postage on mail
from Cuba. Best idea is to collect them on cover.

Blair

Hi Ralph:

ADDENDUM

The 2005 Europa (50th Anniv. Europa stamps) set (perf and imperf)
and S/S (perf and imperf) is shown at:
http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/b4/bc/015b_1.JPG

On sale on eBay for $7,00 US each, for the perf or imperf set,
The two S/S go for $5.00 US to $32.50 US each for the perf or imperf
S/S,

Catalogue numbers are Scott 4540-43 . S/S is Scott 4543a.

Here is a perf error on the souvenir sheet (price $39.00 US).

Blair

Old October 13th 07, 12:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Oct 13, 12:04 am, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
[...]

Blair- Hide quoted text -

Many thanks Blair for the information. I plan to add these to my
Europa collection.

Ralphal, the OLD one

Old October 13th 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Richard Babin[_3_]

Raphael,
Scott catalogue list Cuban stamps.

2005, Nov. 30
Europa stamps, 50th Anniv. (in 2006);
4540-4543 set of 4 $20 mint, $10 used.
4543a Souvenir Sheet, #4540-4543 $20 mint, $10 used
All these stamps exist imperf but Scott do not list them.

Regards

In 2005 Cuba issued a set of eight stamps for the 50th anniversary of
Europa.
I would like to have catalogue number and price for these.
They are illegal in the USA and will not be in Scott catalogue.

Thanks,

Ralphael, the OLD one

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
Richard Babin
Canada[Quebec(Longueuil)]
Old October 13th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Oct 13, 7:43 am, Richard Babin wrote:
Raphael,
Scott catalogue list Cuban stamps.

2005, Nov. 30
Europa stamps, 50th Anniv. (in 2006);
4540-4543 set of 4 $20 mint, $10 used.
4543a Souvenir Sheet, #4540-4543 $20 mint, $10 used
All these stamps exist imperf but Scott do not list them.

Regards

In 2005 Cuba issued a set of eight stamps for the 50th anniversary of
Europa.
I would like to have catalogue number and price for these.
They are illegal in the USA and will not be in Scott catalogue.

Thanks,

Ralphael, the OLD one

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
Richard Babin
Canada[Quebec(Longueuil)]

Hi Rafael:

I am a cuban stamp collector. I have the Europa 2005 complete set. I
am selling it in 30.00 USD only. Please, if you are interesting in buy
me it, you must write me:

Regards.

Hermes.

Old October 14th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Oct 13, 6:52 pm, "
wrote:
[...]

Hermes.- Hide quoted text -

$30 USD? I just bought the 4 perf and 4 imperf stamps for $6.99 each
plus $1.37 shipping, that is $15.35.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Old October 14th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Oct 14, 7:45 am, Ralphael1 wrote:
On Oct 13, 6:52 pm, "

wrote:
[...]

Ralphael, the OLD one- Hide quoted text -

Maybe his price included the perf and imperf Souvenir Sheets as well.

Blair

Old October 15th 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

Hi Ralphael:

My price included the perfef and imperf S/S, more 4 perf stamps and 4
imperf stamps all in mint condition.

I hope to hear from you soon. My best wishes.

Hermes.

PS: Thank you Blair, for your aclaration.

Old October 16th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Edward A. Locke[_2_]

Ralphael1 wrote:

In 2005 Cuba issued a set of eight stamps for the 50th anniversary of
Europa.
I would like to have catalogue number and price for these.
They are illegal in the USA and will not be in Scott catalogue.

Thanks,

Ralphael, the OLD one

Scott has been listing post-embargo Cuban stamps for ages. My old 1990s paperbacks listed Cuban
stamps without valuing them. But they have recently started assigning values as well.

Here's the blurb from the catalog, just after #702 (January 1962 issue):

"Cuban goods have been embargoed bu the United States since a Feb. 7, 1962 proclamation by
President Kennedy, but according to the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the Treasury Department,
used Cuban stamps can be imported and sold without limitation, and unused stamps may be imported for
personal use, but not resold."

Which means you can buy Cuban mint sets as long as you don't plan to resell them.

Scott values your set at $20.00 mint, $10.00 used. They are Scott #4540-43.
The souvenir sheet of 4, #4543a, is also valued at $20.00.

| Edward A. Locke |

| huygens1962ATyahoo.com |

| http://www.spaceandastronomystamps.com/ |