Bible coin -- Marine removed from duty over Bible coin reports

Old June 26th 08, 08:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default Bible coin -- Marine removed from duty over Bible coin reports

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

If you bothered to listen to any Christian radio at all, you would have
heard 99.999 percent of it denouncing this "Pastor" and his "Church".
ring
ring

The problem is that Phelps is using the same source material that you
are, the bible, and is as dogmatic as your group is. He selectively
picks bits from the bible and says they are the unerring truth while
ignoring contradictory bits from the same source. As you do.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Where in the Bible does it say to dishonor widows, and orphans? Anyone
can claim to be a Christian, but unless they truly attempt to follow in
Chirsts footsteps, then their walk is in question.

Brian, check out all the posts you have ever made to this newsgroup. I
have, and on more than one occasion. I do believe this is the very first
time you have ever mentioned following in the footsteps of Christ. That, I
sincerely hope you agree, is the true essence, the only essence, of
Christianity. Set aside your politics, your plonking, your sarcasm, your
belittling, your name-calling, and the long list of things you oppose, and
instead concentrate on that positive message. You will instantly become
credible in my book, and that will make your message truly effective.

James

Old June 26th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philade...Nativist_Riots

Continue your research (and thus your education) from there. And then you
can return me the favor by providing cites of Catholics burning down
Protestant churches...oh, you said the south..okay, make it Baptist
churches. I'd appreciate the good turn.

I see now. Wikipedia. That explains a LOT.

Yeah that source was written by a bunch of different people from different
cultures and backgrounds who for the most part were not even there when,
what ever it is they are writing about, happened. It is full of
contradictions too. Worthless, eh?

Old June 26th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

Default I rant, and I step down from my soapbox.

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

"PC" wrote in message
. ..

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

You forgot to add "in the name of intolerance" at the end.

No, I didnt forget. Ring ring goes the bigot bell here too I see.

So because I don't like intolerance that makes me a bigot? You are an
odd fellow...

Actually you do like intolerance. Youre tolerant until someone goes
against your grain.

Nope. You just made that up.

Old June 26th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 23:00:20 -0500, "Brian Oakley"
wrote:

It's your opinion that the Bible is accurate and literal.

It is accurate and literal in the parts that were intended to be taken
literal.

You have to give the bible-thumpers credit for a truly unassailable
bit of "logic" here. The Bible is accurate and literal where it is
intended to be accurate and literal, and they'll tell you when those
conditions have been met. If they are confronted with one of the
hundreds of conflicting statements in the Bible, they can shrug it off
and explain that one or the other versions was not intended to be
accurate or to be taken literally.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old June 27th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

wrote:

It's your opinion that the Bible is accurate and literal.

It is accurate and literal in the parts that were intended to be taken
literal.

You have to give the bible-thumpers credit for a truly unassailable
bit of "logic" here. The Bible is accurate and literal where it is
intended to be accurate and literal, and they'll tell you when those
conditions have been met. If they are confronted with one of the
hundreds of conflicting statements in the Bible, they can shrug it off
and explain that one or the other versions was not intended to be
accurate or to be taken literally.

And they usually give these explanations and "clarifications" with robotic
conviction-- as if they had personally been there when a particular passage
was (purportedly) written.

Coins of the Bible Jump Master[_2_] Coins 8 January 4th 08 03:39 AM
Value of old German Bible drhender Books 3 May 23rd 06 04:23 PM
Antique Bible chattykathy Books 2 October 27th 05 03:55 AM
1543 Bible Dick Stephens Books 1 July 28th 03 05:43 PM