Don't you hate this - WHATS IT WORTH and cross posting

Old November 20th 03, 03:59 AM
George D

Default Don't you hate this - WHATS IT WORTH and cross posting

Today I bought a brick of $1.00 FRN's from the bank. I am going to use these for
"Thanksgiving Turkeys" for my employees. My way of doing this is to pad them in groups of
25 with a cardboard back and a printed cover.

The series is of course 1999 as that is the current series being issued.

Serial numbers are as follows

L 06115101 E Thru L 06112700 E
L 06112801 E Thru L 06112900 E

and now for the what's it worth part

L 02257101 * Thru L 02257200 *
and
L 02257801 * Thru L 00271000 *

The question is of course is there any value to consecutive numbered star notes in this
series.
--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

"A Native American grandfather was talking to his grandson about how he
felt. He said, I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One
wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one. The other wolf is the loving,
compassionate one. The grandson asked him, Which wolf will win the
fight in your heart? The grandfather answered, The one I feed."

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.

Old November 20th 03, 04:11 AM
Bill Krummel

"George D" wrote in message
Today I bought a brick of $1.00 FRN's from the bank. I am going to use

these for
"Thanksgiving Turkeys" for my employees. My way of doing this is to pad

them in groups of
25 with a cardboard back and a printed cover.

The series is of course 1999 as that is the current series being issued.

Serial numbers are as follows

L 06115101 E Thru L 06112700 E
L 06112801 E Thru L 06112900 E

and now for the what's it worth part

L 02257101 * Thru L 02257200 *
and
L 02257801 * Thru L 00271000 *

The question is of course is there any value to consecutive numbered star

notes in this
series.
--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

Man, I wish you would win some more of my auctions. I think it was you who
paid for an auction win, or for something I sold direct, a year or two ago
with a pack of consecutive #'ed bills. They were really cool. In fact,
since I couldn't afford to just save them, I sold them to an employee for
face value. All of the employees thought the pack of ones was neat. Bill

Old November 20th 03, 08:13 AM
Sam F.

"George D" wrote...
Today I bought a brick of $1.00 FRN's from the bank. I am going to use

these for
"Thanksgiving Turkeys" for my employees. My way of doing this is to pad

them in groups of
25 with a cardboard back and a printed cover.

The series is of course 1999 as that is the current series being issued.

Serial numbers are as follows

L 06115101 E Thru L 06112700 E
L 06112801 E Thru L 06112900 E

and now for the what's it worth part

L 02257101 * Thru L 02257200 *
and
L 02257801 * Thru L 00271000 *

The question is of course is there any value to consecutive numbered star

notes in this
series.
--
George D

Damn!

Sure am glad I work for you, Bossman George!
(can I get you some more coffee sir?)

;o)

Sam F.

Old November 20th 03, 04:08 PM
George D

George D wrote:
Today I bought a brick of $1.00 FRN's from the bank. I am going to use
these for "Thanksgiving Turkeys" for my employees. My way of doing this
is to pad them in groups of 25 with a cardboard back and a printed cover.

The series is of course 1999 as that is the current series being issued.

Serial numbers are as follows

L 06115101 E Thru L 06112700 E
L 06112801 E Thru L 06112900 E

and now for the what's it worth part

L 02257101 * Thru L 02257200 *
and
L 02257801 * Thru L 02257900 *
and
L 00270901 * Thru L 00271000 *

Teach me to not read properly. Should not make any difference to the question any way.

Old November 20th 03, 04:16 PM
George D

Bill Krummel wrote:
"George D" wrote in message

[...]

Easy to pad those when you run a printing company. The bank will order the new bills if
you are nice to them and give them notice.

Old November 20th 03, 04:18 PM
George D

Sam F. wrote:
"George D" wrote...

[...]

Ain't that much money for each but I have 30 people drawing paychecks. Mounts up even at a
few dollars per person.

Old November 20th 03, 05:01 PM
A.Gent

"George D" wrote in message

Easy to pad those when you run a printing company.

Easy even if don't.

I make pads out of scrap paper all the time. Just clamp the sheets (don't
forget one sheet of cardboard for a base) between two bits of wood, close to
the edge to be glued. Smear a thin layer of PVA (ordinary white woodworking
glue) over the end.

Allow to dry then unclamp.

Works every time.

Caveat: I've never tried this with cotton/linen ragbucks. Works a treat
with plain copying paper, though.

Old November 20th 03, 05:02 PM
A.Gent

"A.Gent" wrote in message
u...

Easy even if don't.

Sighhh.
Replying to *myself* !

I meant: "Easy even if you don't."

Old November 20th 03, 11:30 PM
Anonymous Joe

"George D" wrote in message
[...]

Did anyone else notice that these are series 1999, which is NOT the current
series, which, of course, is 2003.

Regardless, the consecutive stars have some value, but now it is minimal.
You'd have to keep them for a while, or give them out call them 'lucky' or
whatever.