Real error?

Old November 8th 03, 11:24 PM
Brian

Default Real error?

Or cut from sheet? Does anyone know?

http://members.aol.com/bfadington/error.jpg

Thanks
--

Brian Blackwell
SPMC 9522 ANA LM2644
My Obsolete Banknotes Page
http://home.att.net/~brianblackwell/obsolete.htm

Old November 9th 03, 01:07 AM
Brian

Aren't all sheets 99 prefixes and rarely stars?

I know regular note sheets start with '99' but don't know much, if anything,
about star sheets (or even if there are any).

And what's the error? The offset cut?

Yes, you can see part of the above note.

Old November 9th 03, 03:41 PM
Coin Saver

From: Brian

Real error? Or cut from sheet? Does anyone know?

Congradulations, it seems to be real to me ... with the edge of the adjacent
Note showing, your cutting error Star Note might pull in a few bucks!

8-/
Coin Saver
Old November 9th 03, 10:55 PM
Dollarsavr

Hi

I do not consider myself an expert, but I have done research on the 1995 $1 FW
Small Back Plate number "295" with the Engraving Error. And..... according to
this Histoirical Report: (http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~dmoffitt/serials/99_s.html),
the E* $1 were printed in Oct of 01 with Serial Numbers in your notes
Run/range.

By using the graphic image viewed at:
(http://members.aol.com/bfadington/error.jpg), the note looks to be genuine to
me.

Congratulations!
Ed Zegers
Old November 10th 03, 11:21 AM
Varshney

I think it is a genuiene error and not cut from a sheet.
If it was cut from a sheet that way then the reverse will also show the same
offset....

--
=================
Anurag Varshney

Old November 10th 03, 02:31 PM
Dollarsavr

Hi again...

Look at this eBay item! Does it look familiar?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=34 15
Ed Zegers
Old November 10th 03, 10:04 PM
Chris Scheers

Varshney wrote:

I think it is a genuiene error and not cut from a sheet.
If it was cut from a sheet that way then the reverse will also show the same
offset....

The reverse does show the same error. But since since the reverse is
smaller than the obverse, it doesn't cut into the design on the reverse.

FWIW: I also think it is legitimate. It is a cutting error, not a
printing error.

=================

"Brian" wrote in message
Or cut from sheet? Does anyone know?

http://members.aol.com/bfadington/error.jpg

Thanks
--

Brian Blackwell
SPMC 9522 ANA LM2644
My Obsolete Banknotes Page
http://home.att.net/~brianblackwell/obsolete.htm

Chris Scheers, Applied Synergy, Inc.

Voice: 817-237-3360 Internet:
Fax: 817-237-3074
Old November 11th 03, 02:17 AM
AnswerMan2

This one apparently is all right, although with so little of the adjacent note
visible it probably doesn't have much collector value.

The $1 sheets have serial numbers beginning with 99 840 001 and the 1976 $2
sheets are star notes.
Alan Herbert
The AnswerMan
Alan Herbert - Contributing Editor, Numismatic Products - Krause Publications,
Inc.
"The world's largest hobby publisher"

Old November 13th 03, 08:52 PM
Vinkjm

Hi Ed
Yes let the buyer BEWARE, How hungry can one be.? marty

Error Coin Mame Coins 5 July 19th 04 10:55 PM
Canadian Error Coins Website - Revised muckwa Coins 0 February 18th 04 01:21 AM
More ST Cards with 1 cent opening bids :) Lynne Stewart Cards:- non-sport 0 February 3rd 04 09:29 PM
Error coin in 2003 Silver Proof Sets??.. Harv Coins 4 August 23rd 03 05:42 PM
Yet another ANA report Ed. Stoebenau Coins 3 August 8th 03 01:34 AM