Rowe AMI CD100a wont play

Old March 8th 10, 03:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Vic

Default Rowe AMI CD100a wont play

Hi, I've done a search and cant find any information about my problem.
I haven't been on this group in quite a while, but I thought there was
lots more information in the archives. Is there any chance some of
this stuff has been deleted?
To my problem: I have a CD100A that just stopped playing. When it
stopped, it looks like a CD was stuck as it attempted to go back into
the drum. It was at the 45 degree angle positon and stopped. I jiggled
it lose and set the arm down. After doing that and attempting to play,
the disc spins but doesnt play. I tried to do run the "initiate"
program but the drum hasn't moved.
Seems to me, I used to be able to do something to force the drum to
rotate or reset. but honestly, I haven't done any work on this juke in
years, as it always worked correctly. So, i have forgotten how to make
the drum reset or turn.
Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Old March 9th 10, 01:38 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Mar 9, 1:29*am, Vic wrote:
[...]

After doing the usual stuff like making sure that the 3 rail voltages
are present,
and that the drum, and arm mechanisms aren't mechanically jammed,
silly as it might sound,
I would replace the 2 micro switches on the left side (cam). I have
had a problem similar to this from failure
of these.

I also recall from a long time back that a bug in the software on a
certain ROM version (CCC) can cause something like this after playing
songs that are above a certain length. In that case though, I thought
that you just couldnt get the gripper arm to go back up to the
mechanism and had to do it manually.

What error codes are there (if any) and their meanings.
Old March 9th 10, 06:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Vic

I am receiving error code 10-05 01 which means the computer is not
receiving data from the cd contol cba.

I don't know how to check if the drum or gripper arm is jammed. Can
you help me out there?

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Old March 9th 10, 11:26 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Mar 8, 8:38*pm, kreed wrote:

On Mar 9, 1:29*am, Vic wrote:

[...]

on the left side, at the bottom there is a cam and 2 microswitches,
the cam can be rotated clockwise to make the gripper arm move. You are
supposed to use an allen key to do it, but I have had no trouble
turning the cam with fingers.

To move the magazine, you must unlock it. looking under the CD player
through to the "wall" in front of the bottom half of the magazine, you
will see a solenoid next to an electric motor. You must push this
solenoid in with your finger, the magazine will unlock and can be
turned freely by hand.

the only error I can find in my manual is 05-10 which is "cdm
communications failure". The CDM is the actual control board for the
CD player itself. There are 2 boards to the right of the CD player,
on the side. (CDM 3). the one WITHOUT the LED's on it is the CD
player control board. (the CDM).

Check the fuse to the right of the CD player, on top. These
originally had a circuit breaker but were changed to a fuse by our
local distributor many years back because of intermittent problems
with the breaker.

The other well known faults with the CDM board and player are dry
joints. AS these boards use SMD components, I wouldnt attempt
resoldering unless you have experience with this as its easy to bridge
2 connections.

If the player is faulty, and needs replacement, I would suggest
this:

http://www.cdadapter.com/cd100mp.htm
(might not be allowed if using on a commercial location).
Have fitted these to a few home use machines over the years, never had
a failure.
Old March 12th 10, 04:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Vic

On Mar 8, 8:38*pm, kreed wrote:

On Mar 9, 1:29*am, Vic wrote:

[...]

a failure.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks very much for the detailed explanation. The drum was indeed
jammed. I have freed up the drum, and the jukebox is now working. And
thanks for the link to the MP3 player conversion.