CD8B still not working after installing new CD PRO player

Old May 6th 07, 05:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Vic

Default CD8B still not working after installing new CD PRO player

Exchanged my non working CD PRO player with a known working player and
the machine still does not work. I suspect I did something to the
eprom or cpu while I was trying to repair this Antique Apparatus
Rockola Bubbler machine.

Previously it would pick up a cd look at it and put it back in the
rack. After pulling the player out and looking at it, reseating the
eprom (yes, it is in correctly with all pins where they should be). I
installed a new CD Pro 2 player and it didn't work. Then I exchanged
the CD PRO2 for a working CD PRO at the repair shop where I purchased
it.

Got home and tried it in the machine and the jukebox will not try to
boot up, no displays showing, no spinning drum, etc. When the cable is
disconnected from the player the machine displays come up with an
error message. When I plug the player back in, after a while I get an
"8" error message, which is supposedly an eprom error.

Where can I buy an eprom for this machine? Or, where can I send the
CPU board for diagnosis and repair?

Thanks in advance, sorry if my post is long and rambling.
Vic

Old May 7th 07, 06:34 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

Vic,

Error 8 does indicate an EPROM failure. However, make sure the player cables are in their respective position. The DSA and Audio jacks will be closest to you and next to each other on the servo pcb. The Power connector is on the opposite side (back away from you). It is easy to confuse these cables some times, but look at them closely. The DSA and Power cables are part of the same ribbon cable, but split from each other about 3 - 4 inches away from the headers. The Audio cable will run to the RCA jacks on the left side of the mechanism.

After this has been verified and you still need assistance, you may contact me via the nationwide toll free number below or email me at the following address: sales "at" jordanamusement.com

I can supply either the firmware or an entire Control Computer, depending on your need.
Old May 8th 07, 05:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Vic

--
DRebber

Thanks, I am responding via email.