The House of Quad

Old October 10th 03, 06:40 PM
scottamerica

"DOGGIE104" wrote in message
Subject: The House of Quad
From: (The Poodlebutt)
Date: 10/9/2003 7:23 AM Central Daylight Time

You'll be installing a shrine to Townes van Zandt, I presume? Or at

least
Stevie Ray?

Happy trails,
Larry B.

Townes, yes.

Stevie, god no....

That is the number one boast in South Austin: "I did lots of blow with
Stevie Ray back in the day." I've heard that out of many a white trash
mouth.

Aw, c'mon, Paul. Those boasters could say the same thing about Townes,

too, if
they knew who he was. Anyways, say whatcha will about Stevie, the cat

could
play. Even David Bowie knew.

Anyways, seeing as how the porch came from the Armadillo, I think a

picture of
Zappa somewhere would be appropo. (right next to the Jerry Jeff Walker

8x10".
Hey, maybe you could "liberate" some of those prints from Threadgill's!)
later, ron

SRV could "play?" I think you need to find a Q-tip and clean some of that
wax out of your ears.

Scott
King of Music

Old October 10th 03, 06:42 PM
scottamerica

"The Poodlebutt" wrote in message
om...
That is the number one boast in South Austin: "I did lots of blow with
Stevie Ray back in the day." I've heard that out of many a white trash
mouth.

Aw, c'mon, Paul. Those boasters could say the same thing about Townes,

too, if
they knew who he was. Anyways, say whatcha will about Stevie, the cat

could
play. Even David Bowie knew.

Anyways, seeing as how the porch came from the Armadillo, I think a

picture of
Zappa somewhere would be appropo. (right next to the Jerry Jeff Walker

8x10".
Hey, maybe you could "liberate" some of those prints from Threadgill's!)
later, ron

I was in a place yesterday with a Raul's punk flyer that would no
doubt fetch three figures on Ebay. I certainly had some thoughts on
the matter.

It was a running joke with my roommate from '94-95, before I moved to
N.C. and became a reborn 8 track freak: he had an old beater Plymouth
Valiant, and I suggested repeatedly to him that we should get loaded,
aim the Valiant at the commemorative bronze Stevie Ray statue by the
side of the Colorado River, and bail out in time to see the mighty
topple action.

I can't believe I find myself agreeing with you.

Scott

Old October 10th 03, 06:43 PM
scottamerica

"DOGGIE104" wrote in message
I was in a place yesterday with a Raul's punk flyer that would no
doubt fetch three figures on Ebay. I certainly had some thoughts on
the matter.

I hit Austin about three years after Raul's was gone. The Showdown, its
replacement, constantly had Raul's-themed graffiti on its face.

I used to paper my dorm room with flyers from the drag. All gone now, of
course.

That's also where I resurrected (sp?) my 8-track collection: Half-price

Books
sold carts 5/$1. That's the way it should be!

It was a running joke with my roommate from '94-95, before I moved to
N.C. and became a reborn 8 track freak: he had an old beater Plymouth
Valiant, and I suggested repeatedly to him that we should get loaded,
aim the Valiant at the commemorative bronze Stevie Ray statue by the
side of the Colorado River, and bail out in time to see the mighty
topple action.

That sounds like fun! Of course, in effect, only increasing his

martyrdom.
later, ron

Kinda like Saddam. Saddam Ray Husseign.

Scott

Old October 10th 03, 06:44 PM
scottamerica

"trippin2-8track" wrote in message
om...
Paul, you dick, go away.

Anyone who would bad-mouth SRV, jerks off too much.

I just happen to be the World's #1 bad-mouther of that jerkoff SRV. And I
don't jerk off too much.

Your theory is debunked.

Scott

Old October 10th 03, 08:56 PM
Daniel & Kathy Gibson

So, can you post some pictures of this new groovy pad? Inquiring minds
want to know!!

Danno, going back to mowing the yard.

The Poodlebutt wrote:

I have moved into a tiny house within blocks of downtown Austin, the
Capitol, etc. Old house, with two small rooms up front built in 1913,
and some added to the back probably 15-20 years later.

The two front rooms are pretty much connected. So, the four speakers
are pretty evenly distributed between the bedroom and living room.

It is pretty cozy, friends. The wall of quad is pretty sweet. Many
good seats in the house, like they say.

--

Daniel and Kathy Gibson
http://www.katestrackshack.com
Old October 14th 03, 01:42 PM
trippin2-8track

yeh we'd just love to see those squashed cockroaches and stacks of
moldy tapes, and malfunctioning tape players piled outside, with tape
hanging out...
Old October 15th 03, 08:41 AM
scottamerica

"trippin2-8track" wrote in message
m...
yeh we'd just love to see those squashed cockroaches and stacks of
moldy tapes, and malfunctioning tape players piled outside, with tape
hanging out...

Self Portrait

Scott
King of Music Culture

Old October 15th 03, 07:10 PM
Dan #3

More like a picture of your Scuzz Bag Flea Infested Urine Soaked Cab you Hack!

"scottamerica" wrote in message ...
Self Portrait

Scott
King of Raunch Arse Montavoni Music Gay Club Culture

Old October 17th 03, 12:13 AM
trippin2-8track

wow, you should go back to law school and demand a refund, cuz now
you're living in squalor...some life...whatsamatter, no lawyering
offers ?? hahaha....