The two Bobs and the fake Trade Dollar in fake PCGS slab on eBay:Ira's take on this matter

Old April 22nd 09, 01:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ira

Default The two Bobs and the fake Trade Dollar in fake PCGS slab on eBay:Ira's take on this matter

On Apr 22, 6:27*am, Frank Provasek wrote:
More fakes from a different seller

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZzycoin0008

All six items showing as of Wednesday morning are fake.

Report towww.ebay.com/ccw

----
Frank Provasek Rare Coinshttp://www.frankcoins.comEbay FRANKCOINS
Member ANA, Texas Numismatic Assoc, Texas Coin Dealers Assoc,
PCGS, NGC, & ANACS authorized dealer, Texas Auctioneer Lic 11259

In fact, Frank, the cert number on his so called 1875-S Trade Dollar
is he same as the one on mine currently on eBay. almost impossible to
report to eBay under their report an item link.

Ira
Old April 22nd 09, 01:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"oly" wrote in message
On Apr 21, 7:44 pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"oly" wrote in message

On Apr 21, 6:37 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

oly wrote:
On Apr 21, 3:27 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
PC wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out where all those Teabaggers came from
all of a sudden, with their posters of Hitler and Mussolini. They
must have lived in some other country 2001-2009.

Both parties try to manipulate ignorance to varying degrees. The
Republicans happen to be much, much better at it.

Agreed on the first point. And as for the second point, so many of
the people of that persuasion consume a steady daily diet of radio
talk blowhards, some that I know of listen to six+ hours a day of
yelling about liberals and calling for their deaths, plus an hour or
two on the teevee in the evening.

James

Sorry, but the Tea Parties and Partiers are O.K. I suspect had you
been a government pensioner back then, you would have supported King
George III to the hilt.

There were indeed such people around, and when they got a whiff of
patriot
rhetoric, they took off for places like Canada.

No tea party or teapartier is OK in my book when he/she conjures up
images
of WWII dictators at a rally (the equivalent of Godwin's Law) and
declares
that all liberals be put to death (Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, and Coulter,
name just a few, have all planted that idea among the minds of their
fans).
Wait until you personally receive a death threat for nothing more than
your
religious or political views. Think it doesn't happen in our Great Land?
Think again. It does. I've been on the receiving end.

James- Hide quoted text -

Just remember how Dr. Sam. Johnson's 1755 Dictionary defined the word
"pension".

Many citizens who have deeply held views on the right now feel that
Prince Obango and Pelosi are out to get them.

I have spent my adult life, sad to say, inside the government. It is
not worth 1/20th of what the citizens are forced to pay.

oly
________________

Don't forget that not all of us former govt "lifers" feel that way. During
my 35 years, I'd say the citizens got their money's worth and more from
the
folks I worked with. If some of those middle class tax protesters would
take a closer look at what they actually pay the Fed each year in income
taxes, they might be surprised that regardless of their 25-28% tax
bracket,
many likely pay less that half of that. With my own 28% bracket, I
actually owed 10.5% of my total income in federal taxes, using the
standard
deduction. Now as for an opinion about how the Fed uses that money we send
them, I'm sure we'd find a lots of agreement.- Hide quoted text -

If the government pays you three dollars for being one of its "labor-
fakers" and then takes back one dollar, that still doesn't make you
into a productive tax-payer. Beginning and end of story, and we've
been through all of this on another thread. You're still a fraud,
albeit retired, just like everybody inside of government.

And much better Hitler than Mao.
__________________________________

You obviously still have a guilty conscience over your apparent minimal
contribution as a former government employee, so you paint everyone else who
works for the federal govt with your biased brush. Not the case here. I
still have a few buddies from the military who would take issue with your
"fraud" claim.

And if the Fed takes 33% of your $3.00, you're either wealthy or you enjoy
getting screwed.

Old April 22nd 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

PC wrote:

[...]

getting screwed.- Hide quoted text -

When did you have the mirrors removed in your home, Bruce??? You're
in such denial that obviously you wouldn't be able to look in one.

oly
Old April 22nd 09, 04:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

wrote:
PC wrote:

[...]

_____________

Heh. This shows you still prefer to change the subject and spout childish
insults when challenged. I should have expected it. So now I assume you're
not only ashamed of your own govt service but also embarrassed that you've
apparently been paying one third of your income to Uncle Sam. Or should I
have detected a bit of exaggeration for effect?

Did you find some error in my tax bracket comment that you'd care to
correct? Or am I in denial by not believing that everybody who works for
the government is a fraud? I notice you avoided any specifics but for some
reason still chose to reply with that mirror and denial stuff. Is your
problem with me that I just can't seem to accept and agree with your views?
You're getting easier to predict and are becoming increasingly out of touch
with your "expert" comments and forecasts. That's my view.

Old April 22nd 09, 05:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

wrote:
PC wrote:

[...]

with your "expert" comments and forecasts. *That's my view.- Hide quoted text -

You mentioned the marginal tax rate of 28% and my comment generally
approximated that, though of course that's slightly inaccurate.

If I had said that "If the government pays you four dollars for your
government "job" and then they take back one dollar - that might be
more accurate - but it still doesn't change the conclusion that you
were never a productive taxpayer.

You weren't and I'm not either. We are tax eaters, not tax payers.

Tax eaters are very cavalier about the real work that the bulk of tax
payers do to pay the taxes. You are just another example.

oly
Old April 22nd 09, 06:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

wrote:
PC wrote:

[...]

I guess I don't understand your definition of a "productive" taxpayer.
Who would be an example of a productive tax payer? Are you referring to
everyone who hasn't or doesn't work for the federal (or local?) government?
Anyone else? I'd be interested if you'd elaborate.
_____________

You weren't and I'm not either. We are tax eaters, not tax payers.

Tax eaters are very cavalier about the real work that the bulk of tax
payers do to pay the taxes. You are just another example.
_________________

Assuming you don't know what I did, how would my work for the government
have been less "real" or significant to society than that of my neighbor who
was, say, a car salesman? Is the work of a soldier less "real" than that
of an artist because he or she gets a government paycheck?

Old April 22nd 09, 08:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

oly wrote:
The basic functions of our national government should be to (1)
deliver the mail, (2) defend our coasts and borders, and (3) to chase
and punish thieves and murderers. Everything else that the government
does is dubious at best and always very very expensive compared to the
private sector.

Ye Gods, a Libertarian! I'll go you one further: the only one of those
three mentioned in the Preamble to the Constitution is "to provide for the
common defence [sic]," which is what I assume you mean by (2) above. I say,
let UPS and Fedex handle all the mail, and let the state militias round up
the brigands and dishonest politicians. Wait, there are too many of the
latter for any state government to handle, so cross that one out. And if
you think the private sector has any desire to "secure the Blessings of
Liberty" to yourself or anyone else, you surely live in a dream world.

Note that our government does none of those three basic functions
well, nowadays.

Actually, I feel relatively safe from external attack, nukes and terrorists
notwithstanding. It's civil war and attack from within that should be our
real fears. We've already got one Governor running secession up the
flagpole, several other individuals calling for the death of our President
(both before and since he was elected), and plenty of people, many of them
right here in my town, who are convinced that over half the U.S. population
(all the homosexuals, immigrants, and liberals, for example, and that
includes anyone who knows French) should be taken out and shot. These days
I only go outdoors between 1100 and 1400, because I know those types are all
huddled around their radios listening to rightwing talkers during that time.
Otherwise I'd get nothing done.

As for the mail, I'd have to say that, in spite of all the puking and
moaning I've done about USPS, it remains miraculous that they can deliver an
object all the way across the nation in three days or so for 42 cents.

To bring this back around to something tangentially related to coins,
our government's finances are in a shambles and have deteriorated very
badly since last fall. Our government fiat currency is on a knife's
edge; get some gold and silver.

I continue to await your promised disquisition on this topic, now more than
a month overdue.

James

Old April 22nd 09, 08:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Apr 22, 2:02*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
oly wrote:
[...]

Oly is not so much a libertarian as a person who has much practical
personal experience of the absolute inability of government to solve
more problems than it creates.

Does government ever fix some festering boil once in a while??? Sure.

Does that fix cost ten to one-hundred times as much as if the project
were hired out??? Always.

Does that fix always come at the expense of missing twenty-five other
bigger problems while the government concentrated all its "resources"
on the one project in the spot-light??? Absolutely.

Finally, one of the worst things that government creates is a
oberclass consisting of its own flunkies who think that they are a
whole lot better and more important than the taxpayers whose cash
payments support the government.

Please note that Oly is intellectually inconsistent in his politics
and that Oly is a hypocrite. That is why Oly is a Republican. The
other major party can never recognize their vast hypocrisy and their
own really very special bete noires.

oly
Old April 22nd 09, 09:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

oly wrote:
[...]

An awful lot of absolutes and superlatives there, mon copain. Let me add
some more.

You could have just as easily been describing the Human Condition in
general. Assuming that Government will always be made up of Human Beans, we
should be thankful that our system is still the best ever. Do we have room
for improvement? Absolutely! Given enough time, can we make those needed
improvements? Absolutely! Will we ever succeed in our efforts? Never,
until politicians of both parties cease their relentless strutting and
preening, give up telling us how much they love Jesus and with their next
breath fork it to us one way or another, and learn that they are in office
to serve during their present term, not just to line up their votes for the
next. Never, until self-appointed spokespersons for opposing political and
religious worldviews cease demonizing and dehumanizing the other side and
whipping their respective disciples into a froth over the smallest issues,
calling for extermination of the opposition en masse. Never, until we are
content to drop the us vs. them mentality, complete with its always
pejorative caricatures, and actually listen to each other in a spirit of
co-operation. Unfortunately, our history does not provide many, if any,
examples of any of those things being done.

James the Political Hypochondriac