"Cruisin'" series on 8 track

Old December 24th 05, 12:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

Default "Cruisin'" series on 8 track

typical liberal reply- insults and name calling

Merry CHRISTmas, Bob.

Enjoy our Christian National Majority Holiday

In God We Trust- we put it right on the money !

YOU LOSE !

Old December 24th 05, 04:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

"I know a guy in LA who did and has very
complete air checks of the original "Boss Radio" KHJ in its heyday
that were done on one of those cheap Janpese 3" RTRs from the very
early 60s...you know, the ones on which speed was never constant?"

I remember those things. Yech. My parents got one for me at a garage
sale- I thought it was the coolest thing. I took the 3" tape, loaded
it onto my roberts r-t-r deck and copied the Mamas and the Papas first
album on it. The first two songs sounded okay, the everything started
to speed up- then I realized there was no pinchroller/capstan on the
little player. Grrrr. I still kept it- just recorded the album thru a
microphone but it wasn't the same AT ALL.

Old December 24th 05, 04:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

"I know a guy in LA who did and has very
complete air checks of the original "Boss Radio" KHJ in its heyday
that were done on one of those cheap Janpese 3" RTRs from the very
early 60s...you know, the ones on which speed was never constant?"

I remember those things. Yech. My parents got one for me at a garage
sale- I thought it was the coolest thing. I took the 3" tape, loaded
it onto my roberts r-t-r deck and copied the Mamas and the Papas first
album on it. The first two songs sounded okay, the everything started
to speed up- then I realized there was no pinchroller/capstan on the
little player. Grrrr. I still kept it- just recorded the album thru a
microphone but it wasn't the same AT ALL.

PS- one of the Cruisin' series was KHJ!

Old December 24th 05, 06:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

I believe these were re-issued on CD, but the commercials were removed or
changed due to copyrights.

Old December 25th 05, 11:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

I have 1964 on tape and CD, and the commercials on this particular one
are the same on both. Hmm. The commercials are what make it cool for
me- maybe I should check out the other CDs as well?