AMI/Rowe R-83 Disco 200 carousel spins, no selection

Old February 15th 04, 06:48 AM
Vic

Default AMI/Rowe R-83 Disco 200 carousel spins, no selection

Any help out there? My AMI/Rowe R-83 Disco 200 worked fine last week
- this week the record carousel just turns and turns and the selector
mechanism doesn't appear to be triggered at all when selections are
entered. I've made a few simple repairs in the past but am far from
technically knowledgeable about it ... if there's something simple I
can look for, I'd like to try it, otherwise I'll cave in and call the
pro that'll want to take it "to the shop".

Thanks.
Old February 15th 04, 08:49 AM
BOBAKER147

E-Mail Bruce Wentworth - It sounds like either the selection or Memory box.

Old February 16th 04, 04:31 PM
Vic

Thanks, Bob, KLR and Bruce. I'm obviously out of my league here ...
as I told Bruce via email, I'm a plug & switch checker, oil dropper,
screw adjuster only! Did learn, though, that much can be fixed without
hauling the whole box and have found a local guy that'll take a look
at it on site. I'll mention the "wiper assembly" to impress him, ha.
Appreciate the quick posts. V.
Old February 20th 04, 05:49 AM
Vic

Thought I'd get back to you guys and let you know I actually ended up
fixing my jukebox myself! Don't know how ... or rather which thing
worked ... but it's playing. Got discouraged trying to find someone
to look at it and decided to try disconnecting/reconnecting every wire
that was anywhere near the carousel and that had a slip-on type
connection. Then I jiggled several small white panels that had 8 to
10 wires leading into them and turned the machine on, pushing the
memory reset for good luck. Voila! She went straight to a selection
already punched in, took that 45 and on it went. I couldn't believe
it.

Now tell me how much damage I may have done before I get too carried
away and order a manual.
Old February 20th 04, 07:35 AM
Happy Seeburg Olympian Owner

1) always work on your juke with the power off and unplugged unless the
manual says different
2) cleaning connectors and make sure there seated properly is a good thing
with power off
3) keep it lubricated saves you problems later
4) have fun!

Jim W

m...

Old February 20th 04, 05:28 PM
Vic

Power off, unplugged ... got it. Thanks.