Environmental Activism is the Key to the Current Success of the NewJersey Nets

Old April 4th 08, 06:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.sport.basketball
[email protected]

Default Environmental Activism is the Key to the Current Success of the NewJersey Nets

Environmental Activism is the Key to the Current Success of the New
Jersey Nets

In an interview yesterday, a New Jersey Nets executive, Julianne
Waldron, spoke candidly about the real reason behind the Jason Kidd
trade to the Dallas Mavericks. On February 19th of this year, the New
Jersey Nets traded Jason Kidd, Malik Allen, and Antoine Wright to the
Dallas Mavericks in exchange for Keith Van Horn, Devin Harris, Trenton
Hassell, Maurice Agar, De Sagana Diop, first round draft choices in
2008 and 2010, and cash considerations. Many New Jersey Nets fans were
very unhappy about losing Kidd, a long-time star and future Hall-of-
Fame point guard.

Ms. Waldron, who manages environmental issues for the Nets, held a
press conference to discuss last night's first "carbon-neutral" NBA
game between the New Jersey Nets and the Philadelphia 76ers. The game
was hosted by New Jersey, and all of the carbon emissions generated by
fans and the 76ers traveling to and from the Izod Center will be
offset by so-called "carbon emissions credits" purchased by the Nets
organization and their partner Barclays, the British financial
conglomerate. The game has been dubbed "Green Night" and also featured
several environmental extremist groups providing propaganda to fans.

In referring to the "greening" of the New Jersey Nets franchise, Ms.
Waldron said that "I believe that this will be our strategy for years
to come. This is part of who we are. Many of our fans were unhappy
when we traded away Jason Kidd to the Dallas Mavericks, but they
should be happy because trading Kidd was the best move for the
environment."

Ms. Waldron went on to explain how the Kidd trade was the
environmentally-friendly thing to do. "Jason Kidd always hustles when
he is on the basketball court, and we all admire that greatly. But all
of that running up and down the court, pushing the team out on
fastbreaks, expending extra energy just to make a few extra points and
possibly win a game, caused all of the players to breathe a great deal
more heavily and thereby expel extra amounts of carbon dioxide into
the air, and we all know that is bad for the environment. We made the
difficult decision to trade Kidd in order to save the planet."

Check out the rest of the article here -
http://jaajoe.com/index.php?option=c...38&Itemi d=49