Bad news folks - artgallery10 is back - registered user

Old July 11th 03, 08:12 PM
Tom

Default Bad news folks - artgallery10 is back - registered user

Now - are eBay complete idiots?

I have just been threatened by him via e-mail because I told him I was going
to report him - he thinkgs that I am the person he copied the description
from.

All his shill accounts are still NARUed, but this fraud is reinstated.

ARGHHHHHHHHHH

Tom L-M

Old July 11th 03, 10:45 PM
Tom

The correspondance that I have had with this idiot tonight is hilarious, its
pasted below but I will give a short introduction.

After getting Narued 'cristian' e-mailed me thinking I had another username,
the one he copied the description from. He then went through some barmy
asertions - like I was this username or that username - then that i was a
shill bidder - he demanded my username, which I didnt give him - if he wasnt
so slow he would have realised that i e-mailed him an 'ask seller a
question' using my username.

Anyway, the rest is self evident - apologies for poor typing - i have a
plastered finger:

Cheers

Tom L-M

Old July 12th 03, 12:56 AM
Randy Burns

I think you would all be smarter to allow these frauds to go on and have the
sales made and then try and get either the buyer or maybe a class-action
lawyer involved. Only lawsuits will bring E-bay to a position where it will
police it's own sales.

E-Bay could easily take action by more closely supervising any sale that
goes over $100, but if you guys continue to act as their unpaid police
force, why would they bother.

Cheers, Randy

Old July 12th 03, 02:03 AM
Randy Burns

Kris Baker wrote in message
.. .

Randy, do you know how much it would cost eBay to
"supervise" $100+ sales?

I don't know. More than a couple of one hundred million dollar class-action
lawsuits? More than fighting a RICO charge? if they still have such things.

If you see a rape or bank robbery, do you report it (or
do you just sit back and watch, because you're not
the "unpaid police force"). Society in general is
self-policing.

This is a rape or burglery that is happening on someone's private property,
I would expect the owner's of the property to take notice first. Either
they should police their own site or it should be shut down permanently.
That is what society does with a bar that is given to rape and robbery, is
it not?

Cheers, Randy

Old July 12th 03, 02:15 AM
Kris Baker

"Randy Burns" wrote in message

Kris Baker wrote in message
.. .

Randy, do you know how much it would cost eBay to
"supervise" $100+ sales?

I don't know. More than a couple of one hundred million dollar
class-action lawsuits? More than fighting a RICO charge?
if they still have such things.

RICO? Egads.

You'll have to start with the ads in your local newspaper
(after all, they don't "supervise" them)....and then move
on to the late-night infomercials

If you see a rape or bank robbery, do you report it (or
do you just sit back and watch, because you're not
the "unpaid police force"). Society in general is
self-policing.

This is a rape or burglery that is happening on someone's
private property, I would expect the owner's of the property
to take notice first. Either they should police their own
site or it should be shut down permanently. That is what
society does with a bar that is given to rape and robbery, is
it not?

Cheers, Randy

You *are* aware of what you just typed?

It's OK to watch, because you're not responsible to
call the cops -- because it's not your property?
I feel quite sorry for any female acquaintances and
relatives you have.

Kris

Old July 12th 03, 05:29 PM
fiziwig

"MindElec" wrote in message

snip

makes one wonder what he got NARU'd for/ i got this from ebay today.

"Hello,

Thank you for writing to eBay's SafeHarbor Department about a member
who
has false contact information. We understand your concern and will
investigate this situation as soon as possible, usually within 24
hours.

I have forwarded this email to our fraud department.

We understand how important it is that every eBay user has valid
contact
information. There are some instances where a member may have
forgotten
to update their information after a move or change of phone number. We
will work closely with the member you are reporting over the next day
or
so to ensure the matter is brought to his or her attention.

snip

Like EVERY other email I've ever gotten from eBay support, this has nothing
whatsoever to do with what you reported. It makes me wonder if eBay support
even exists, or whether it's some kind of primative bot that spits out
random replies based on keywords found in the customer email.

--gary

Old July 12th 03, 06:08 PM
RW Julian

About a year ago I turned in a seller for using shill bidders. I thought
it was obvious and said so
to safeharbor. It is the general rule that one receives a form answer
from ebay and then, later, an
answer to the complaint. In this case the form response was not received
within 48 hours so I sent
a second complaint identical to the first. The second did get the form
response. The following then
happened:

1) It turned out that the first complaint was in fact received. The
person who handled it replied
that there were no indications whatsoever that shill bidding was
involved and implied that I had
made a false complaint.

2) One day later another person replied, using the second complaint, and
said that it was obvious
that shill bidding was involved and that the seller had been suspended.
The suspension lasted for
30 days.

Complaints about counterfeit or false items being sold are almost always
met, on the other hand,
with the canned response that law enforcement should be notified. In
other words, ebay will do
nothing and you won't be able to either. This may well be the case with
artgallery10 .

RW Julian

fiziwig wrote:

.. .

Old July 12th 03, 07:47 PM
Kris Baker

"RW Julian" wrote in message
About a year ago I turned in a seller for using shill bidders.
I thought it was obvious and said so to safeharbor. It is the
general rule that one receives a form answer from ebay
and then, later, an answer to the complaint.

It's been my experience that shill bidding gets only a
warning, and a temporary suspension. An acquaintance,
who was bragging about her eBay sales, was clearly
engaged in shilling when I found her account. She was
suspended for 30 days....and was back later. What
I don't understand is this case, is why the main account
holder was reinstated *but* the shill accounts were NARU.

I'm wondering if he convinced eBay that he was the
target of a group....who were "the real shillers". ??

Kris

Old July 12th 03, 08:32 PM
MindElec

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 18:47:37 GMT, "Kris Baker"
declared:

"RW Julian" wrote in message
About a year ago I turned in a seller for using shill bidders.
I thought it was obvious and said so to safeharbor. It is the
general rule that one receives a form answer from ebay
and then, later, an answer to the complaint.

It's been my experience that shill bidding gets only a
warning, and a temporary suspension. An acquaintance,
who was bragging about her eBay sales, was clearly
engaged in shilling when I found her account. She was
suspended for 30 days....and was back later. What
I don't understand is this case, is why the main account
holder was reinstated *but* the shill accounts were NARU.

I'm wondering if he convinced eBay that he was the
target of a group....who were "the real shillers". ??

it's possible that they weren't NARU'd for shilling at all, but for
invalid contact info. which would be easy to fix for one of the
accounts.

i think what ebay does when alerted to something like this, is look
for the easiest NARU possible without giving further investigation.

robert

"there must be one night in your life that you will remember forever.
The must be one night for everyone. And if you know that the night
is coming on and that this night will be that particular night, then
take it and don't question it and don't talk about it to anyone ever
after that. For if you let it pass it might not come again. Many have
let it pass, many have seen it go by and have never seen another like it,
when all the circumstances of weather, light, moon and time, of night hill
and warm grass and train and town and distance were balanced upon the
trembling of a finger."
Old July 12th 03, 09:48 PM
Mike

STOP THE HARRASMENT ! WHAT YOU SAID ARE LIES . DEFAIMATION WITHOUT
PROPER EVIDENCE IS ILLEGAL . I COULD SENT EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU A
COPY OF THE SIGNATURE ! STOP LYING ABOUT ME .TOM STARTED THIS AS A
REVENGE . HE RUNS ANOTHER SITE AN EBAY . IT'S CALLED FINE-ITEMS .I
HAVE PROOF . HE DID THAT AS A REVENGE BECAUSE I USED HIS STUPID
INTRODUCTION .HARRASING AN EBAY MEMBER IS ILLEGAL SO IT'S DEFAIMATION
WITHOUT PROPER EVIDENCE .THIS SO CALLED TOM IS ACTUALLY SCOT THE
LEADER OF THIS GROUP AND HE RUNS FINE-ITEMS AN EBAY .I CAN PROVE THIS
TOO : SO PLEASE DON'T BE FULLED BY AN IMPOSTOR .