Conway Stewart Repairs?

Old October 11th 04, 02:11 AM
Brett McKim

Default Conway Stewart Repairs?

Hello People,

I have a Conway Stewart Churchill White Tigre. I love this pen, the
colors always attract attention and the way it writes just begs me take it
everywhere.... that's the good part... now... the HORROR... my partner took
it with him on an airplane trip.... in a pen case... it was of course half
full... laying on it's side.... in a carry-on...*sigh*........ When he
arrived at his destination, he found that the beautiful blue ink that WAS
once in the sac... was all in the blind cap.... feeling concerned he
thought... "Ok.. I will just clean it..." Those that are unfamiliar with the
White Tigers, the acrylic is a mixture of clean, white, tan, and grey.... I
think you can imagine what the cap looks like now that the cap has been
dumped into a glass of water and there is blue ink between the outter cap
and the blind cap... *sigh*......WAIT... he also thought he would just flush
everything out.... so he went to remove the section to remove the cartridge
so he could make sure things were not blue...well...... THIS PEN IS A BUTTON
FILL.... *sigh*......

Now, my question is two fold. First, where might I send my love for
repair (both my pen, and my partner).....?!?! Second.... what has YOUR
other half done to or with your pens that you can now laugh at???

I live in California, is there somewhere close for Conway Stewart
Repars?? Will I need to notify them first??

Thank you,
Brett

Old October 13th 04, 03:10 AM
Reuben S. Pitts III

Brett McKim wrote:
[...]

We are not trying to be difficult. The damage to the pen is not stated
in specific terms, so it is hard to give advice on self-repair. Conway
Stewart distributership in U. S. has been in flux for several months.
Someone may know how to contact a manufacturer's repair facility, but it
has not been clear for several months. You might try the Pentrace
message board at www.pentrace.com. Sorry not to be more helpful.

Reuben