Source for ink sacs

Old October 10th 04, 03:13 AM
John B. Egger

Default Source for ink sacs

What's the best place to mail-order a new ink sac (bladder) for the
converter of my Parker 45? If I'm paying shipping costs it probably
would make sense to pick up a couple of others too, spares for my 51
Aerometric, for example.

I'm in Maryland.

--John
Registered Linux User #291592
Old October 10th 04, 03:31 AM
KCat

"John B. Egger" wrote in message
What's the best place to mail-order a new ink sac (bladder) for the
converter of my Parker 45? If I'm paying shipping costs it probably
would make sense to pick up a couple of others too, spares for my 51
Aerometric, for example.

I'm in Maryland.

--John
Registered Linux User #291592

the only one I've dealt with is Martin at Woodbin. He's very helpful and
has a wide variety of sacs. Pendemonium sells sacs as well and they are
very nice to work with. I've just gotten into a habit with Woodbin I guess.

kcat

http://www.simcom.on.ca/woodbin/

or

http://www.pendemonium.com

Old October 10th 04, 04:09 AM
John B. Egger

KCat wrote:
"John B. Egger" wrote in message

What's the best place to mail-order a new ink sac (bladder) for the
converter of my Parker 45? If I'm paying shipping costs it probably
would make sense to pick up a couple of others too, spares for my 51
Aerometric, for example.

I'm in Maryland.

--John
Registered Linux User #291592

the only one I've dealt with is Martin at Woodbin. He's very helpful and
has a wide variety of sacs. Pendemonium sells sacs as well and they are
very nice to work with. I've just gotten into a habit with Woodbin I guess.

kcat

http://www.simcom.on.ca/woodbin/

or

http://www.pendemonium.com

Wow, thanks, Kcat! What wonderful resources.

Old October 10th 04, 07:26 PM
mz

John B. Egger wrote:

What's the best place to mail-order a new ink sac (bladder) for the
converter of my Parker 45? If I'm paying shipping costs it probably
would make sense to pick up a couple of others too, spares for my 51
Aerometric, for example.

I'm in Maryland.

--John
Registered Linux User #291592

Are you sure you want to go through the hassle of
replacing the sac in a convertor. Why not just get a new
convertor or two? At least one of the sites KCat
mentioned, Pendemonium, carries them.

Also, the pli-glass sac used in the Parker 51 Aerometric
is considered to be one of the most durable ever made.
Except for the occasional bad one slipping through quality
control, they usually only go bad through mistreatment. As
a result, the Parker 51 Aerometric is considered one of
the most problem-free, self-filling pens out there. I
remember reading somewhere, maybe in this newsgroup, that
the expected life of the pli-glass sac was around 75
years. You might consider holding off on getting extra
sacs for your Parker 51 Aerometric since you might never
need them.

HTH,
Mark Z.
Old October 10th 04, 11:11 PM
Gregg Gibson

"John B. Egger" wrote in message ...
What's the best place to mail-order a new ink sac (bladder) for the
converter of my Parker 45? If I'm paying shipping costs it probably
would make sense to pick up a couple of others too, spares for my 51
Aerometric, for example.

I'm in Maryland.

--John
Registered Linux User #291592

Go to the source, the only people that make pen sacs (or bladders as I
always called them growing up):

The Pen Sac Company
PO Box 4470
Carlsbad, CA 92018

www.pensacs.com
1-888-pensacs (toll-free)

Prices are $1.50 each plus $2 shipping They take credit cards. You are
right to get more than one.

They have over 40 sizes. Most common size needed is 16, 17, 17.5 or
18. Most of my pens take an 18. Shellac or any hardware store adhesive
that bonds plastic to rubber will work. It's a lot easier than I
thought it would be to replace a bladder.

I'm not sure about replacing a sac on a converter, though, as I've
never done this.on a Parker.
Old October 11th 04, 12:53 AM
Perry Donham

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 02:13:29 +0000, John B. Egger wrote:

What's the best place to mail-order a new ink sac (bladder) for the
converter of my Parker 45? If I'm paying shipping costs it probably
would make sense to pick up a couple of others too, spares for my 51
Aerometric, for example.

I'm in Maryland.

--John
Registered Linux User #291592

I've worked with Pen Sac Company in the past, great folks and quick
turnaround.

http://www.pencentral.com/pensac.htm

Perry
Old October 14th 04, 04:34 AM
Jimmy Tom

Actually, Martin does make his own sacs, including the thin silicon sacs
that some pen restorers have said good things about (for snorks and stuff).
He had mentioned this in an interview (I think, with Susan Wirth).

I do think that Pen Sac Company offers a wider selection of the latex sacs,
including necked sizes if you happen to need them.

Cheers,
Jimmy.

Gregg Gibson wrote:

Go to the source, the only people that make pen sacs (or bladders as I
always called them growing up):

The Pen Sac Company

[snip]

your best ADDY source? Oboe Autographs 3 January 30th 05 02:24 AM
Good address source? [email protected] Autographs 0 October 17th 04 05:18 PM
Source for Odd-side Fluorescent tube for Juke Matty Juke Boxes 8 February 29th 04 03:09 PM
Source for Lambrou's book? John Leonard Pens & Pencils 1 February 10th 04 02:01 AM
Need source for pressure pads Virgil 8 Track Tapes 11 September 13th 03 10:25 AM