silicone grease

Old October 7th 04, 09:15 PM
RAClifford

From: "KCat"

apparently in my little bassackwards town this isn't so. No scuba shops
nearby and the hardware and auto supply stores just gave me dull

No Home Depot or Lowe's nearby? I thought they were everywhere. It's in the
plumbing dept, and is called plumbers silicone grease.
Old October 7th 04, 10:02 PM
BL

KCat wrote:

apparently in my little bassackwards town this
isn't so. No scuba shops nearby and the
hardware and auto supply stores just gave me dull
stares ...

Radio Shack has a website, and you can order the lube gel from them (for
a whopping $3.19 for a huge 3 oz tube). You can also find scuba, camera,
and hardware/auto supply stores on the internet that will ship the stuff
to you. I like Radio Shack's 'cause it's cheap. Silicon faucet grease is
cheap too.

http://www.unrealfind.com/Merchant2/...tego ry_Code=

Old October 8th 04, 12:27 AM
Nancy Handy

What I want to find is the stick of silicone grease that Susan Wirth
broke off a big piece and gave me a few years ago. I keep it in a
sealed zip loc bag. Her silicone grease looked like a stick glue and is
really easy to control. I should have asked her when I saw her last
month.

Does anyone know where to get a stick of silicone grease?

Nancy
Old October 8th 04, 01:27 AM
Earl Camembert

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 16:48:53 +0800, "Free Citizen"
wrote:

"Earl Camembert" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:37:54 +0800, "Free Citizen"
wrote:

"Earl Camembert" wrote in message

[snip]

Are you the guy that posted this?

What is that you are pointing to? I looks like an address to mail to.

It is a post in this group. Clicking on it should take you the the
post.

No, it doesn't work. I am using Outlook Express as my newsreader.

This is the post, if I have to explain it, it is no longer funny.

" shove pencils up my anus !

On 13 Sep 2004 05:06:21 -0700,
(G.K. Konnig)

They belong inside, improves their quality !"

Old October 8th 04, 02:34 AM
Free Citizen

wrote:

They belong inside, improves their quality !"

Nah, I don't find that very funny either. And I am not from nz. My location
is Georgetown, Penang. Also my name is Lim not Konnig.
--
Best regards,
Free Citizen

Old October 8th 04, 02:37 AM
Free Citizen

"RAClifford" wrote in message
[snip]

I did not take it in any way other than the way you intended it.

It is just that I have found an inexpensive product, that works well for
me,
does not alter or cause harm to a pen rubber part, and a small container
costing only a couple bucks will last me as long forever, as I only repair
my
pens. Why should I change? That is what I was saying.

Of course Randall, it is your prerogative to continue using what you are
used to. I was merely suggesting a good alternative.

Old October 8th 04, 05:19 AM
mz

PENMART01 wrote:
You're a fine one to talk, lookit all the crap in your headers... stoopid
NEWBIE telling folks what to do... sheesh!.

Subject: long subject lines

reader.com!newsfeed.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp!newsfeed.icl.net!newsfeed.fjserv.n
et!feed.news.tiscali.de!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!not-for-mail

From: Garglemonster
Newsgroups: alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 23:11:36 -0400

snip

Please forgive my forwardness, oh Exalted Keeper of the
Faith and Holy Arbiter of All Usenet Rules and Norms. With
great fear of your holy wrath and on pain of
excommunication, I must point out Your Holiness has
declared top-posting to be a clear sign of heretical
NEWBIE-ness and anathema, to be punished by death in the
kill-file.

*plonk*

Mark Z.
a most unworthy supplicant
Old October 11th 04, 11:43 AM
john cline ii

"mz" wrote:

| PENMART01 wrote:
| You're a fine one to talk, lookit all the crap in your headers...
stoopid
| NEWBIE telling folks what to do... sheesh!.
|

| Subject: long subject lines
lobby!ngtf-m01.news.aol.com!ngpeer.news.aol.com!feed2.newsrea der.com!news

reader.com!newsfeed.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp!newsfeed.icl.net!newsfeed.fjserv.n
| et!feed.news.tiscali.de!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!not-for-mail
|
| From: Garglemonster
| Newsgroups: alt.collecting.pens-pencils
| Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 23:11:36 -0400
|
| snip
|
| Please forgive my forwardness, oh Exalted Keeper of the
| Faith and Holy Arbiter of All Usenet Rules and Norms. With
| great fear of your holy wrath and on pain of
| excommunication, I must point out Your Holiness has
| declared top-posting to be a clear sign of heretical
| NEWBIE-ness and anathema, to be punished by death in the
| kill-file.
|
| *plonk*
|
| Mark Z.
| a most unworthy supplicant

Not to mention Mr. 01 himself top posted in his pithy (or was it pitty)
response!

john cline ii, who just had to, and did!

Grease Beverwyk Autographs 2 January 3rd 04 06:17 AM
Advice request- lubricating a Pelikan M800 refill mechanism. notmeGuv Pens & Pencils 4 December 7th 03 01:42 AM
Lamy 2000 & divers silicone William Bosner Pens & Pencils 0 October 22nd 03 12:36 AM