In the calm after the storm

Old April 1st 06, 10:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default In the calm after the storm

Sorry for my post being repeated. I had some time-outs and didn't think my
message had been posted at the first two attempts. Then I found all three
had been sent!

Could we have some more Lucretius, please? I have to look back to the year
1966, when "De Rerum Natura" was a set book in Part One of my degree course.
I don't think I've looked at it much since then, but I enjoyed it very much
at the time.

Best wishes,

John Townsend

Old April 1st 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"John Townsend" wrote in message
Sorry for my post being repeated. I had some time-outs and didn't think

my
message had been posted at the first two attempts. Then I found all three
had been sent!

Could we have some more Lucretius, please?

There's a full e:text of the Leanord Translation of "De Rerum Natura"
on Project Gutenberg

http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu...lookup?num=785

It can make a nice exercise in layout and book construction, to feed
favourite chapters from ebooks into a DTP program or maybe Word,
using a 2 page layout on A4 paper. And then getting the pages in the
correct order, mainly by copying and pasting,* so as to form signatures
which, when printed out on a nice faux laid paper, can be folded and
stitched into pamphlets for perusal at leisure.

michael adams

* Possible I believe, but very complicated using standard DTP text
flow