Perth mint returns gold

Old August 16th 04, 04:35 PM
John Stone

Default Perth mint returns gold

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...8/s1176204.htm
Old August 17th 04, 06:15 AM
Mame

I wonder what would happen if I marched into the Perth Mint and demanded 152
ounces of gold and 900 ounces of silver? It could be worth a try...hmmm :-)

Mame
"I would have better chances of getting the gold form the mint than I would
getting the truth from John Howard.....I can feel and election coming on!"

"John Stone" wrote in message
om...
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...8/s1176204.htm

Old August 17th 04, 01:50 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:15:24 +1000, "Mame" is alleged to
have written:

I wonder what would happen if I marched into the Perth Mint and demanded 152
ounces of gold and 900 ounces of silver? It could be worth a try...hmmm :-)

Mame
"I would have better chances of getting the gold form the mint than I would
getting the truth from John Howard.....I can feel and election coming on!"

"John Stone" wrote in message
. com...
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...8/s1176204.htm

Wandering off topic, could one of you Aussies explain to me what the deal is
with this "boat" scandal that Howard is supposedly involved in? All I'm getting
over here is that he reported that children were being thrown overboard and that
turned out not to be true. He was trying to support an immigration policy or
something?

Drop me an email at boxturtle at woh dot rr dot com, if you'd rather not post
here.

Bruce
Old August 17th 04, 03:55 PM
Mame

You pretty much have it.

In the lead up to the last election John Howard seems to have seized an
oppurtunity (allegedly :-p ), A boat load of illegal immigrants turned up
on our shores and were accused of throwing their children into the ocean to
force the Australian Navy to take them on board. John Howard seized the
moment and said that we don't want the kind of people who throw their
children into the ocean in our country. The allegations were later proved to
be innaccurate. There was video footage that seemed to show children being
thrown overboard but it turns out they were throwing their children into the
water to waiting adults who were trying to get them to the Australian naval
ships so that they could get them to safety...in otherwords they were
putting their childrens lives first. Regardless of their intentions, it has
been later discovered/alleged that John Howard knew that the allegations
were incorrect and the defence force chiefs told John Howard about this.
Obviously their attempts at correcting the public record was in vain. John
Howard romped back into office for his third term. In the last two years,
more and more evidence is coming out that John Howard knew full well that
the children overboard allegations were incorrect. It seems that Mr Howards
past is catching up with him. At the time, the government passed the buck
and put the blame on the Defence forces in an inquiry...that has come back
to haunt him as last week, 40 of Australias top defence officials, past and
present, combined forces and issued a letter accusing the Australian
Government of 'rubber stamping' U.S policies. On top of that, in the news
this week, a man who is supposed to have been the man who personally told
the Prime Minister on the phone that the allegations were incorrect has
spoken out against John Howard. When his allegations were challenged he said
he would take a lie detector test to prove it if he had too....sure enough
he was offered a polygraph test, took it and passed. John Howard refused to
take the same test. Other issues concerning John Howard and his 'deceit' of
the Australian people including Australias involvement in the war in Iraq
and the whole weapons of mass destruction debate (sound famililar?) have
dogged him over the last couple of years. During an inquiry on the issue,
John Howard placed a gag order on some of his staff which has done nothing
for his credibility. What it comes down too, John Howard has poor
credibility with the Australian people. Children Overboard, treatment of
illegal immigrants including the indefinate incarceration of children of
illegal immigrants and the unqualified support of the US in Iraq has all
proven to be unpopular. It also doesn't help that John Howard is perceived
as being 'in bed' with Georg W Bush.

We are heading into an election in Australia. I have no doubt in my mind
that John Howard and the Liberal party will loose the election. Opinion
polls don't supprt this but I would bet money on it.

Mame
Keep in mind that I just had to encapsulate 4years of public government
debate in this post! Don't hang me if I am a little inaccurate! :-)

"Bruce Hickmott" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:15:24 +1000, "Mame" is alleged

have written:

I wonder what would happen if I marched into the Perth Mint and demanded

152
ounces of gold and 900 ounces of silver? It could be worth a try...hmmm

:-)

Mame
"I would have better chances of getting the gold form the mint than I

would
getting the truth from John Howard.....I can feel and election coming

on!"

. com...