Today's autographs 12/27/03 + interesting fact

Old December 27th 03, 11:17 PM
DebSer5

Default Today's autographs 12/27/03 + interesting fact

I wrote to Susan Hawk who was one of the more popular contestants on the first
survivor. I'm always curious how many autographs reality/celebs get. Anyway, I
asked and she my answered my question. She said over the last 3 years, she has
done more than 2000 requests ttm. Thought some of you might find that
interesting

Susan Hawk (survivor) 10/31-12/27 2 8 x 10 ISP
P.O. Box 36685
Las Vegas, NV 89133
USA

Dick Vitale(espn sports announcer) 12/3-12/17 1 8 x 10 cisp
c/o ESPN Plaza
935 Middle Street
Bristol, CT 06010
USA

Old December 27th 03, 11:21 PM
DebSer5

. I'm always curious how many autographs reality/celebs get. Anyway, I

I meant to say I'm always interested in how many autograph requests they get.
Old December 28th 03, 02:16 AM
dahoov2

I am too. Imagine if someone like her gets that many, what it must be
like for someone like Travolta, Hanks or Cruise.

Old December 28th 03, 02:38 AM
TRDTRIX

Author Dean Koontz was asked in an interview how many requests he gets per
year and he said around 10,000

TRD
Old December 28th 03, 03:11 AM
DebSer5

I am too. Imagine if someone like her gets that many, what it must be
like for someone like Travolta, Hanks or Cruise.

It's pretty amazing isn't it? But a few things come to mind why she may get
soooo much fan mail. Survivor is the #1 rated show when it's on, the
contestants that were on the 1st survivor were given a celebrity like status
for awhile, and they got more press then some of the other editions. I also
believe she was in the final 4, which gave her more exposure time. She was also
a very popular contestant who was outspoken and seemed to make an impression on
people, unlike some of the less interesting players. I'm sure she still
receives a lot of fan mail, but I have a feeling the bulk was probably right
after survivor 1 ended, although I could be wrong. I have written to other
survivors and have received 1 page letters back, so I doubt they all get the
same amount of mail (although, now I'm curious) she gets. OTOH, I wrote an
email to a contestant from The Amazing Race and I offered to send a sase for an
autographed photo. He said I didn't need to do that, and he would be more then
happy to send me an autographed pic. I'm not sure what this means, but he said
he has sent out a few autographed photos, but I was the first person ever to
ask. Regardless, I was happy with the success. I have regular contact via email
with a former Russ Meyer actress. I may inquire about what her fan mail is
like, because she is a great ttm signer. The whole thing is kinda intriguing.

Justin
Old December 28th 03, 02:35 PM
Robert de Ridder

It would be interesting to hear from some of the secretaries of those big
names, how they handle all that mail. If George Lucas really gets 40.000 a
month, what do they do with that?

"DebSer5" schreef in bericht

Old December 30th 03, 07:00 AM
KellyMonro007

Imagine if someone like her gets that many, what it must be
like for someone like Travolta, Hanks or Cruise.

I am glad I got Tom Hanks when he was making "Turner and Hootch", right before
he became huge...it pays off to get people before they are big names..

Kelly