Seek Stamp ID please.

Old June 16th 05, 01:56 PM
Rodney

Default Seek Stamp ID please.

Would appreciate any help on the
ID of the following.
Stanley Gibbons preferred but not essential
Thankyou kindly.

http://cjoint.com/data/gqoZz4vmIi.htm

Old June 16th 05, 02:08 PM
Eric Kenneth Bustad

In article ,
Rodney wrote:

Would appreciate any help on the
ID of the following.
Stanley Gibbons preferred but not essential
Thankyou kindly.

http://cjoint.com/data/gqoZz4vmIi.htm

File7612 is from the French occupation of Germany following WWII.
Looking at http://www.allworldstamps.com/, it seems that SG lists
it under Germany - Rhineland Palatinate, catalog number FR18.

--
= Eric Bustad, Norwegian bachelor programmer
Old June 16th 05, 03:24 PM
Jay T. Carrigan

1. Hungary - revenue stamp (1880 issue, I think).
2. Netherlands, mutilated 1921 postal card.
3. Already answered, but you could have looked it up in the index.

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

In article , says...

Old June 16th 05, 03:30 PM
Gerhard Reichert

Hi Rodney,

File 7612 is Rhine-Palatine 1947, Michel # 3, US $ 0,30.

File 7610 ist a tax-stamp, Austria used in Serbia and Croatia.

best regards

Gerhard

Old June 16th 05, 04:11 PM
Gerhard Reichert

ooops! File 7610 is a Hungarian currency. Since 1867 Hungary was a part of
Austria.
Its a Tax stamp. Sorry for being to fast.

best regards

Gerhard

"Gerhard Reichert" schrieb
im Newsbeitrag ...

Old June 16th 05, 05:36 PM
Tony Clayton

In a recent message "Rodney" wrote:

Would appreciate any help on the
ID of the following.
Stanley Gibbons preferred but not essential
Thankyou kindly.

http://cjoint.com/data/gqoZz4vmIi.htm

I suspect 7613 is a French Parcel Post stamp
for internal use only.

7614 looks as if it might have a Russian connection
(kopecks?)

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old June 16th 05, 06:32 PM
Rodney

How so?

Old June 16th 05, 06:48 PM
Pierre COURTIADE

Tony Clayton wrote :
I suspect 7613 is a French Parcel Post stamp
for internal use only.

Exact, Tony !

This stamp is Yvert # 98 (or Dallay 95) of the French special stamps for
small (less than 3 kilogrammes) parcels.
Several series of these stamps were issued between 1892 and 1960.
Rodney : you will be able to see all these stamps in your "standard"
Yvert catalog (for France)
To-day CV for your stamp is 3 Euros.

7614 looks as if it might have a Russian connection
(kopecks?)

Rodney : would it be possible to have a hi-res scan of what is written
in the bottom.
May be "Kraïna" = KPAIHA in Cyrillic alphabet ????

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

Old June 16th 05, 07:08 PM
Rodney

Thanks, Eric,Tony,Jay and Gerhard,
you have saved a deal of eyeball scrolling
your help very much appreciated.

Just the Red K value to square away.

Old June 16th 05, 07:10 PM
A.E. Gelat

File 7610: I would call it a Duty stamp; tax-stamp is ambiguous, and could
be confused with Postage Due.
File 7613 is a French Insured stamp for Parcel Post, for amounts up to 500
francs..My Gibbons simplified does not list Parcel Post stamps.
File 7614 is too fuzzy to read, but I can gather that it is inscribed in
both the Cyrillic and Roman alphabets. Can you read the roman script and
let me know?

Tony