PING: Pencil-necked geeks needed

Old March 1st 10, 03:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default Pencil-necked geeks needed

Donald Weber wrote:
Mr Jaggers,

Since no one has mentioned it. Have you tried the restore function?
When my puter starts doing things differently then I'm used to or
won't do things it did before. I do the restore function and it
usualy solves my issues. Mind you though, I do have to restart the
puter in safe mode in order to get the restore function to work
properly. Never have figured how to restore the restore. It used to
work without opening in the safe mode. Like you I operate under XP.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, Don, but I just went through a fresh install of XP, and this is a
problem that came out of the box with it. I think I'm looking for "first
time setup" or something like that.

James the Novice

Old March 1st 10, 03:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

gogu wrote:
Ï "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá

2) Better than half the time, when I call up a folder or webpage, it
opens only to about 1/4 the screen and I have to maximize it
manually. In those wonderous days of yore B.C. (before crash) they
always opened full screen. How can I fix this problem?

When it opens at 1/4 of your screen, drag the right bottom of the
window and then move the whole window up and down, right and left
until you maximize your window manually and it covers the whole
screen.
Type a couple of addresses and visit a few sites.

Then close the window.

Normally next time you open it, it should open covering your whole
screen!
It worked with me, hope it will work with you, too, James;-)

Thanks, I've been doing that and it solves part of the problem, but not all
cases of small window. Somewhere I read about the "learning" feature of
Windows, and maybe it hasn't yet learned what I need it to learn! I guess I
need to keep track now of the exact circumstances where that happens and
report back.

James the Investigator

Old March 2nd 10, 05:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Donald Weber wrote:
Mr Jaggers,

Since no one has mentioned it. Have you tried the restore function?
When my puter starts doing things differently then I'm used to or
won't do things it did before. I do the restore function and it
usualy solves my issues. Mind you though, I do have to restart the
puter in safe mode in order to get the restore function to work
properly. Never have figured how to restore the restore. It used to
work without opening in the safe mode. Like you I operate under XP.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, Don, but I just went through a fresh install of XP, and this is a
problem that came out of the box with it. I think I'm looking for "first
time setup" or something like that.

James the Novice

don't forget the help function.
it will help you really screw it up.
Old March 2nd 10, 05:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default PING: Pencil-necked geeks needed

wrote:
In article , "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
After three years of relative calm (well, OK, I confess, I did cuss
at it daily), my computer recently went totally south and I spent
most of last week reformatting it and loading my programs and data
back on. The whole process went smoothly, but I am left with two
issues. Somebody help me!

1) I use a thumb drive as one way to back up my data. I used to be
able to open the My Computer folder from the desktop, double-click
on the drive F icon, and voilà, there would be the directory of the
device. Now when I do that, I get that silly little dog who tends
the search function. I can get from there to the drive directory,
but how do I eliminate those intermediate steps?

2) Better than half the time, when I call up a folder or webpage,
it opens only to about 1/4 the screen and I have to maximize it
manually. In those wonderous days of yore B.C. (before crash) they
always opened full screen. How can I fix this problem?

In anticipation of your assistance, I remain in your collective debt.

James the Thick-Necked, Like Those Guys Named Günther

on number 2, it seems to have gone back to the default settings.
check the
file settings and i bet it's there. set it back to your choice.
on number 1, did you have specific drivers for the thumb? you may
need to
re-install them.

Where are those settings?

in the file settings. use the help function for the easy way.

Four Hue pencil Sir William Pens & Pencils 5 February 19th 11 07:05 AM
Pencil twirling Al[_5_] Pens & Pencils 1 July 1st 08 09:05 PM
Pencil Art Norman Haase Pens & Pencils 0 March 3rd 07 07:45 AM
Places for Star Trek Card Geeks to visit!! Lynne Stewart Cards:- non-sport 0 April 24th 04 07:12 PM
PING: early copper experts - grading advice needed Joe Schell Coins 0 July 26th 03 12:50 AM