Question mixing Noodlers & Penman Sapphire

Old October 5th 04, 03:17 AM
Kenneth D. Schillinger

Default Question mixing Noodlers & Penman Sapphire

Last week Chuck Swisher posted saying that there was a definite problem with
mixing Noodlers Aquamarine Blue Contract Ink with Penman Sapphire Blue.
I admit that I have been mixing a little Sapphire with my Aquamarine to get
a little darker blue in two Pelikans now for a couple months or so without
problem.
If anyone has information as to what to look for ( or expect) in the way of
problems I would like to know.
Thanks, Ken.

--
All incoming and outgoing mail scanned using Norton Anti Virus, by the
shores of beautiful Puget Sound.

Old October 5th 04, 05:21 AM
Scaupaug1

Last week Chuck Swisher posted saying that there was a definite problem with
mixing Noodlers Aquamarine Blue Contract Ink with Penman Sapphire Blue.
I admit that I have been mixing a little Sapphire with my Aquamarine to get
a little darker blue in two Pelikans now for a couple months or so without
problem.
If anyone has information as to what to look for ( or expect) in the way of
problems I would like to know.
Thanks, Ken.

You can mix it...it is your ink. Just keep in mind that it is not yet known
how those two will react to each other longer term. I would advise rinsing
regularly if mixing Penman...actually...should rinse regularly with any ink
(every 3rd filling or so). Also note that the more you mix a non-waterproof
with a waterproof (penman rinses off cellulose in seconds under tap water, the
fastest rate of any ink tested) the less waterproof the ink will be in the end.

Why is Penman Sapphire so strongly desired? When replicas that are dead on
that color come out - people seem to yawn and insist "it's not the same as
penman sapphire"!!! It's like a cult! Argh!

Old October 5th 04, 03:49 PM
KCat

"Scaupaug1" wrote in message

Why is Penman Sapphire so strongly desired? When replicas that are dead

on
that color come out - people seem to yawn and insist "it's not the same as
penman sapphire"!!! It's like a cult! Argh!

Can't speak for the Sapphire "replicas" because I haven't made a thorough
search. But I have yet to find any green ink that is "dead on" for Penman
Emerald. Believe me, if I do... I'll be one happy kitty. Would you say
one of your greens is a dead on replica of Emerald? If so, i'd really like
to try it. I have enough Emerald to last a lifetime I think - but I know of
a lot of folks scouring the 'net for NOS.

Loving Legal Lapis - wondering though if there's a similar waterproof blue
of yours that is slightly less green?

Old October 6th 04, 10:18 AM
Free Citizen

"KCat" wrote in message
. ..
[snip]

Can't speak for the Sapphire "replicas" because I haven't made a thorough
search. But I have yet to find any green ink that is "dead on" for Penman
Emerald. Believe me, if I do... I'll be one happy kitty. Would you say
one of your greens is a dead on replica of Emerald? If so, i'd really
like
to try it. I have enough Emerald to last a lifetime I think - but I know
of
a lot of folks scouring the 'net for NOS.

Loving Legal Lapis - wondering though if there's a similar waterproof blue
of yours that is slightly less green?

Have you tried Private Reserve Spearmint?
--
Best regards,
Free Citizen

Old October 6th 04, 05:19 PM
KCat

yup - and Sherwood. nice greens - but not Penman Emerald. Too light.
Sherwood is close but bluer. I am hyper-aware when it comes to colors,
smells, tastes. It means I always know what color to paint the walls in a
house but am extremely picky about inks. :-)

Old October 7th 04, 05:55 AM
Free Citizen

"KCat" wrote in message
m...
yup - and Sherwood. nice greens - but not Penman Emerald. Too light.
Sherwood is close but bluer. I am hyper-aware when it comes to colors,
smells, tastes. It means I always know what color to paint the walls in a
house but am extremely picky about inks. :-)

[snip]

Funny, I thought cats are colour blind. Or is that for dogs.

Old October 7th 04, 05:53 PM
DovR

Noodlers is same and BETTER !!

I would not mix.

"Free Citizen" wrote in message

m...

Old October 7th 04, 06:37 PM
PENMART01

"DovR" slobbered:

Noodlers is same and BETTER !!

Huh... which is it? If something is the same then it's the SAME, it can't be
better... like your IQ is the same as that of a chimpanzee's and will never be
higher.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Old October 7th 04, 08:32 PM
KCat

"DovR" tadir@removeNOSPAM actcom.co.il wrote in message

Noodlers is same and BETTER !!

I would not mix.

same as what? Same as Penman Emerald? Same in what way? Color? Density?
Better in what way? Lubrication?

not fussing - just looking for data vs. general statements. And which
green? There are several Noodler's greens.

I expect to get a sample of Noodler's Standard Green for comparison but thus
far Noodler's greens are the only ones I haven't compared to Emerald.

As I said - if someone can point me to an exact match - I'll happily buy it.
I'm not a Penman snob - I just haven't seen anything other than Sherwood
that was even close - and it still not an exact match.