Last Will

Old August 26th 09, 12:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

Default Last Will

Leiden, 26.08.2009

I hereby declare that - after [!] my yet unforeseeable death - all my
philatelic web-pages - www.galeoptix.nl/fila/ - may be freely copied and
widely spread, the myriads of scans used in other philatelic studies in
order to make sure that no philatelic knowledge will get lost.

The time of the event will probably be found in the website of the Dutch
Nederlands Maandblad voor Filatelie
- www.philatelie.demon.nl/ - being one of the main authors of that
monthly right now.

There will be no need to contact my family as they will have a million
other things to think about by then and will most likely forget to pay the
provider's dues...

Written in good (mental) health, Rein Bakhuizen van den Brink

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Old August 26th 09, 01:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

Victor,

the link you mention is the right one to start with, the folder I gave is
where to find everything...

groetjes, Rein

Op Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:21:06 +0200 schreef Victor Manta
:

"Rein" wrote in message
news
Leiden, 26.08.2009

I hereby declare that - after [!] my yet unforeseeable death - all my
philatelic web-pages - www.galeoptix.nl/fila/ - may be freely copied and
widely spread, the myriads of scans used in other philatelic studies in
order to make sure that no philatelic knowledge will get lost.

The time of the event will probably be found in the website of the Dutch
Nederlands Maandblad voor Filatelie
- www.philatelie.demon.nl/ - being one of the main authors of that
monthly right now.

There will be no need to contact my family as they will have a million
other things to think about by then and will most likely forget to pay
the
provider's dues...

Written in good (mental) health, Rein Bakhuizen van den Brink

Interestingly enough, after Mette passed away I am thinking to do the
same
with my sites but I haven't decided yet if this is the best idea or not.

My problem is less that my family will forget to pay the provider but
that
the provider will go out of business. All businesses do, sooner or later,
like people too...

BTW, the link to your site doesn't work for me. Is this the right one:

http://www.galeoptix.nl/fila/druktech.htm

?

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Old August 26th 09, 02:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Hi Rein. Here's what I have been advised:

I have a notarized Will and Testament naming an Executor kept in a bank
security box to which three other people (wife, lawyer, Executor) have
access. It was recommended to me to attach a Codicil simply stating, for
example, that "Upon my death, ownership of and administration rights to
website amedialuz.ca (CIRA No. 1*****7), including rights over all texts and
images, are to be transferred to the Faculty, University, City, Country for
a period to be determined by the Administration of the said Faculty." It
should also give the identity and address of the contact-person at the
Faculty.

If necessary, as time passes, any number of sub-paras can be added to the
Codicil. The advantage to this, I am told, is that a Codicil is easier to
alter, revoke, sub, or whatever than an entire Will and Testament. Also, a
Codicil to an existing Will need not be written in legalese although I
personally feel more comfortable having my lawyer go over it. A
regularly-updated CD of all files "as they appear on the hosting server" is
to be "attached" to the Will. This way, I am told, "internet stuff" becomes
just one more item for the Executor to administer.

I have no idea how this stuff applies (or not) in other countries. To the
best of my ability I intend to try and die here.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Old August 26th 09, 02:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

Tony,

what I would have liked to happen with the actual web-pages (texts and
images)to be available unchanged is one thing, the other is that I would
like others to proceed and continue with the knowledge I have acquired so
far. The "monument" may find itself an proper place in a way similar to
the one you described, but notwithstanding that the content should get
spread and copied as much as possible without restrictions...

Philatelic (material) collections often end up in postal musea where they
get buried and thus never get touched and see fresh air again.... It
seems to me a better thing to make excellent digital copies of the album
pages and get the material sold. This will provide the remaining family
with a little cash and the philatelic colleagues with material to add to
their collections.

groetjes, Rein

Op Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:15:51 +0200 schreef Tony Vella
:

Old August 26th 09, 03:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rein

Victor,

http://www.galeoptix.nl/fila/druktech.htm

this works!! With me anyway..

This won't: http://www.galeoptix.nl/fila/

groetjes, Rein

Op Wed, 26 Aug 2009 16:12:42 +0200 schreef Victor Manta
:

Op Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:21:06 +0200 schreef Victor Manta
:

"Rein" wrote in message
news Leiden, 26.08.2009

[...]

"Rein" wrote in message
news
Victor,

the link you mention is the right one to start with, the folder I gave
is
where to find everything...

groetjes, Rein

Rein,

I get this with your link:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /fila/ on this server.

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Old August 26th 09, 04:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Rein" wrote in message
news
Victor,

http://www.galeoptix.nl/fila/druktech.htm

this works!! With me anyway..

This won't: http://www.galeoptix.nl/fila/

Rein,

Everything is valid for me too. I found the above first link by modifying
the second one (taking out the /fila and then searching for something
related to stamps).

Victor

Op Wed, 26 Aug 2009 16:12:42 +0200 schreef Victor Manta
:

Op Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:21:06 +0200 schreef Victor Manta
:

news Leiden, 26.08.2009

Old August 26th 09, 05:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Hi Rein.

It's not just philatelic material, my friend. My lesson for including
important directions in a legal will rather than relying on chance are quite
personal. With the written permission of Rossellina Archinto, S.A.S.,
Milano, my father spent the last four years of his life translating the
Bembo-Borgia correspondence from Italian to Maltese. He was three-quarters
done when he passed away and no one ever heard again another word about the
"Letters".

Last October or November I got an email from a Jesuit friend (ex. University
of Malta) telling me that he had retired and the project he had selected to
while away the years was the translation from Italian to Maltese of the
Borgia-Bembo correspondence, and asking me if I were interested in
co-operating in the project. And it pained me that there was nothing I
could do to publicly recall my dad's efforts over those last four years.
When my dad died, whoever was in charge of "cleaning out the flat" threw all
papers, books, journals, etc. into plastic bags and sent them to the garbage
dump.

Luckily, my Jesuit friend is an honest and ethical man and having told him
the story promised me to mention my father and his work in the preface of
his book if it ever gets printed.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

news

Old August 26th 09, 05:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

"Victor Manta" wrote:
....snip

Rein,

I get this with your link:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /fila/ on this server.

LOL - Rein has changed his mind! (Sorry - I could not resist)
Mvh Toke

--
Posthistorikere / slægtsforske Bogen
om 4300 danske postfolk 1624-1927:
Old August 26th 09, 05:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Toke Nørby" wrote in message
"Victor Manta" wrote:
...snip

Rein,

I get this with your link:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /fila/ on this server.

LOL - Rein has changed his mind! (Sorry - I could not resist)
Mvh Toke

Malicious pleasure (Schadenfreude)?

--
Victor

Old August 27th 09, 12:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

"Victor Manta" wrote:

"Toke Nørby" wrote in message
.. .
"Victor Manta" wrote:
...snip

Rein,

I get this with your link:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /fila/ on this server.

LOL - Rein has changed his mind! (Sorry - I could not resist)
Mvh Toke

Malicious pleasure (Schadenfreude)?

bvadr ;-) næh, funny coincidence
Mvh Toke