Improving Handwriting

Old May 10th 07, 10:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Juan[_2_]

Default Improving Handwriting

I got this link and it's made a difference on my handwriting;
sometimes correcting a little bad habit makes a big difference.

http://briem.ismennt.is/index.htm

Does any of you have any other link that might help improving one's
handwriting?

Juan

Old May 10th 07, 11:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Aaron Hsu[_2_]

On Thu, 10 May 2007 16:32:44 -0500, Juan wrote:

Does any of you have any other link that might help improving one's
handwriting?

That depends on the type of handwriting you want to achieve. You should
first identify what style of handwriting you like, and then figure out the
necessary muscle movements you need to master in order to write easily in
that manner. After that, it helps to drill your muscles daily, and then,
as you become proficient and consistent, you can start to apply these
drills to writing real letters.

For me, I chose to learn how to write Spencerian. In doing so, I found
this scanned copy of a penmanship manuscript circa middle to late
nineteenth century. [1] Using their methods I have found my handwriting
has improved dramatically.

[1] http://www.aaronhsu.com/AaronHsu.com...Spencerian.zip

--
Aaron Hsu
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he
Old May 11th 07, 11:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bruce

Juan wrote in news:1178832764.547711.64310
@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

I got this link and it's made a difference on my handwriting;
sometimes correcting a little bad habit makes a big difference.

http://briem.ismennt.is/index.htm

Does any of you have any other link that might help improving one's
handwriting?

Juan

http://www.iampeth.com/

They have all kinds of resources. Look under "Lessons".
Old May 12th 07, 01:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Juan[_2_]

On May 12, 12:46 am, Bruce wrote:
Juan wrote in news:1178832764.547711.64310
@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

I got this link and it's made a difference on my handwriting;
sometimes correcting a little bad habit makes a big difference.

http://briem.ismennt.is/index.htm

Does any of you have any other link that might help improving one's
handwriting?

Juan

http://www.iampeth.com/

They have all kinds of resources. Look under "Lessons".

Thanks, nice site!. BTW, in the main page there's a pic of a replica
of the Giralda tower in Seville (Spain). Seville -where I lived for 25
years- is Kansas' sister city. There's a Kansas City Avenue in
Seville.

Juan

Old May 12th 07, 03:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bruce

Juan wrote in news:1178972319.959065.280560
@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

On May 12, 12:46 am, Bruce wrote:
Juan wrote in news:1178832764.547711.64310
@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

I got this link and it's made a difference on my handwriting;
sometimes correcting a little bad habit makes a big difference.

http://briem.ismennt.is/index.htm

Does any of you have any other link that might help improving one's
handwriting?

Juan

http://www.iampeth.com/

They have all kinds of resources. Look under "Lessons".

Thanks, nice site!. BTW, in the main page there's a pic of a replica
of the Giralda tower in Seville (Spain). Seville -where I lived for 25
years- is Kansas' sister city. There's a Kansas City Avenue in
Seville.

Juan

Glad I could help.

BTW - have you found FPN yet??

http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/

-Bruce
Old May 21st 07, 12:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Adam Funk[_2_]

On 2007-05-10, Juan wrote:

I got this link and it's made a difference on my handwriting;
sometimes correcting a little bad habit makes a big difference.

http://briem.ismennt.is/index.htm

Quite a bit of the content under "How to teach italic" looks very
similar to that of Rosemary Sassoon's book "Teach Yourself Better
Handwriting", which uses exactly the same model alphabet but says it
should be used only for retraining adults, not for teaching children
the first time.

--
Leila: "What if he's innocent?"
Agent Rogersz: "No one is innocent."
Old May 21st 07, 10:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Moira Perkins

On 2007-05-10, Juan wrote:

I got this link and it's made a difference on my handwriting;
sometimes correcting a little bad habit makes a big difference.

http://briem.ismennt.is/index.htm

Quite a bit of the content under "How to teach italic" looks very
similar to that of Rosemary Sassoon's book "Teach Yourself Better
Handwriting", which uses exactly the same model alphabet but says it
should be used only for retraining adults, not for teaching children
the first time.

Did you mean this book? I also think it might be the same stuff, and
plan to have a read. Here's an Amazon link - remove any line breaks that
your newsreader puts in:

http://www.amazon.com/Better-Handwri...9781542&sr=1-2

--
Moira

Old May 22nd 07, 11:24 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Adam Funk[_2_]

On 2007-05-21, Moira Perkins wrote:

Quite a bit of the content under "How to teach italic" looks very
similar to that of Rosemary Sassoon's book "Teach Yourself Better
Handwriting", which uses exactly the same model alphabet but says it
should be used only for retraining adults, not for teaching children
the first time.

Did you mean this book? I also think it might be the same stuff, and
plan to have a read. Here's an Amazon link - remove any line breaks that
your newsreader puts in:

http://www.amazon.com/Better-Handwri...9781542&sr=1-2

I have this one, which I think is just the newer edition of the same
book:

http://www.amazon.com/Teach-Yourself...dp/0340859989/

I'm quite pleased with it for two reasons: it teaches a nice style,
instead of that hideous, loopy, Q=2 crap that they tried to teach me
(in American schools); and I've made some noticeable improvements
(starting from really bad) although I honestly haven't put enough
effort into doing all the exercises yet.

--
This sig no verb.

Handwriting jeffdanz Pens & Pencils 1 December 30th 05 04:12 PM
Handwriting jeffdanz Pens & Pencils 2 December 30th 05 03:02 PM
Handwriting jeffdanz Pens & Pencils 0 December 29th 05 10:27 PM
"Improving" your coins Reid Goldsborough Coins 4 February 9th 04 09:51 PM
Improving Frequency Response - W3500 Matthew Piechotta Juke Boxes 1 September 30th 03 05:23 AM