2006 quarter designs

Old December 9th 05, 06:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default 2006 quarter designs

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"Johnny Thunders" "Johnny wrote in message
"Richard L. Hall" wrote:

The December 13 issue of Numismatic News has the designs for the 2006
quarters. They are also on the Mint's Website
http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/inde...oto#2006Nickel
(scroll to
the end). These are some really nice designs. We get a herd of wild
stallions and a herd of buffalo, a covered wagon, .the Rockies, and
Mount
Rushmore. It will be interesting to see how these translate into a
struck
coin.

Washington on both sides of the South Dakota quarter.

How often does the same person appear on both sides of the same coin?

Most every time a politician runs for office.

Bruce

Why, those lying sacks of...state quarters. Goldurn their eyes!

James

Old December 9th 05, 07:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Richard L. Hall" wrote:

The December 13 issue of Numismatic News has the designs for the 2006
quarters. They are also on the Mint's Website
http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/inde...oto#2006Nickel (scroll
the end). These are some really nice designs. We get a herd of wild
stallions and a herd of buffalo, a covered wagon, .the Rockies, and Mount
Rushmore. It will be interesting to see how these translate into a
struck
coin.

Washington on both sides of the South Dakota quarter.

How often does the same person appear on both sides of the same coin?

The New Jersey quarter and the Lincoln Memorial cent come to mind. And, of
course, there are a few commemorative coins like the Boone Half dollar and
the LaFayette Dollar.

Old December 9th 05, 10:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

James Higby wrote:

"Johnny Thunders" "Johnny wrote in message
Halork wrote:

South Dakota's quarter would have been better
without the pheasant.

Pheasant are not native to the US.

Then again, most of us are decedents of introduced species.

JAM

I'm not a decedent - not yet, anyway.

James

My dyslexia gets the best of me from time to time.

Or is it ADD?

JAM
Old December 9th 05, 10:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Richard L. Hall" wrote:

The December 13 issue of Numismatic News has the designs for the 2006
quarters. They are also on the Mint's Website
http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/inde...oto#2006Nickel (scroll
the end). These are some really nice designs. We get a herd of wild
stallions and a herd of buffalo, a covered wagon, .the Rockies, and Mount
Rushmore. It will be interesting to see how these translate into a
struck
coin.

Washington on both sides of the South Dakota quarter.

How often does the same person appear on both sides of the same coin?

JAM

Every time a Lincoln Memorial cent comes out of the press.

James

Yep, and the NJ quarter too.

JAM
Old December 11th 05, 04:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

winwin wrote:
Only Nebraska's looks nice; not too busy and
still interesting.

I lobbied against that one. It seems to me to be kinda
depressing to show a rock formation--similar to so many
others throughout the western US--that voyagers saw as
they quickly exited the state in search of greener pastures..

I've been told that Chimney Rock has...not collapesd completely,
but has lost quite a bit of height. So Nebraska joins New Hampshire
as a state whose quarter design no longer reflects reality.

Old December 11th 05, 01:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

The Nevada Quarter should be released in San Dimas CA.

The four Cartwrights on horseback as they appeared in the opening
credits
of Bonanza would have made an interesting design for the Nevada
quarter.