Temesvar.

Old August 30th 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Temesvar.

Subsequent to the end of WW1, Temesvar was under Serbian rule
for less than a year.
During that time overprinted Hungarian stamps were used.

Apart from the first two I have here, the 30f opt and the 40f postage due,
the other three I have as Temesvar, and have seen them so on the web,
but they are not listed in my 1963 Gibbons.

Can anyone confirm please?

Temesvar is now Romanian, and the costumes of Temesvar (Romanian=Timisoara)
can be seen with Romania SG 3621 and 3622 Male and female respectively.
(which I do not have)

http://cjoint.com/data/iEqbXD1Rc1.htm

Thanks.

Old August 30th 09, 03:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Aaaargh!
belay the post, I can see my error.

The first two are Roumanian occupation, the last three are Serbian occupation.
Sorry,
Rodney

Old August 30th 09, 04:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jill Crowther[_2_]

rodney wrote:
Subsequent to the end of WW1, Temesvar was under Serbian rule
for less than a year.
During that time overprinted Hungarian stamps were used.

Apart from the first two I have here, the 30f opt and the 40f postage due,
the other three I have as Temesvar, and have seen them so on the web,
but they are not listed in my 1963 Gibbons.

Can anyone confirm please?

Temesvar is now Romanian, and the costumes of Temesvar (Romanian=Timisoara)
can be seen with Romania SG 3621 and 3622 Male and female respectively.
(which I do not have)

http://cjoint.com/data/iEqbXD1Rc1.htm

Thanks.

Your first 2 stamps are under Romanian Occupation of Hungary. C. Temesvar
SG 6 and SG D11

The others are under Serbian Occupation of Hungary. Temesvar
SG 2 and SG 3

Well done on picking 7 winners; I only managed 5 this week. Port, Swans
and Maggies let me down (although I was pleased to see the Doggies win).

Cheers, Jill
Go Saints!
Old August 30th 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Cheers Jill,
I'll have to study up,
I cannot grasp how both were in occupation in 1919.
Illustrating my poor grasp of European history.

"Jill Crowther"