Question about cards bought at Toys R Us

Old November 30th 03, 12:41 AM
wunnuy

Default Question about cards bought at Toys R Us

I'm basically a layman as to how it works, but I've bought a couple of
these "boxes" of cards, like 20 packs for 20 bucks and 12 packs for 10
bucks (boxed by a company called "Championship cards"). They're packs
of cards from all the companies generally covering the last few years.
It looks like it would be a real good deal, many of the packs
individually are priced 2.99 or 3.99. But so far, I have yet to get
any cards out of these packs outside of basic cards. A couple Arods or
Pujols, just from the regular sets, but no inserts to speak of and it
seems I would have come across at least one great card, but no. Can
these guys get into these packs and reseal them (like they used to do
in the old days) or is there a way to tell in the boxes what's left
over? It just seems like I'm getting a bunch of left over crap (I
won't be buying these anymore).
Old November 30th 03, 03:13 PM
LoOpDoG1

most of the time these boxes are made up of things called "re-packs"
basically they take all the packs that arent sold in your local K-Mart and put
them back into these boxes to get rid of them
the problem is, everyone and their mother knows how to search packs these days
and find jersey cards so you're basically getting the leftover crap and
shelling out your $20 to do it
you're better off adding $10 to it and going on ebay and buying a hobby box of
just one product
then at least you'll have a real good shot at getting something decent.

good luck

Loop

FS- Trading Cards SSTCMX Cards:- non-sport 0 February 6th 04 07:48 PM
FS: Set and box Sale, Updated Pricing & Listing - Sets for as little as $1.50 Connie L. Cards:- non-sport 0 December 31st 03 08:26 AM
FS: Set and box Sale, Updated Pricing & Listing - Sets for as little as $1.50 Connie L. Cards:- non-sport 0 November 17th 03 07:38 AM
Baseball Packs F/S KBartells Baseball 0 October 25th 03 03:04 PM
SPORTS Presells & YUGIOH Cases !!! Blowoutcds Baseball 0 July 16th 03 04:55 PM