Niuafo'ou

Old August 19th 04, 03:02 AM
Rodney

Default Niuafo'ou

BTW Grandpa,
(Hope I am not telling you how to suck eggs here)
but just as a FYI

if you paste Niuafo'ou
into your Google browser, then select the "Images" options
you will get 246 images of Niuafo'ou stamps, photos,
people having bbq's and all sorts of things.

HTH

Old August 19th 04, 03:08 AM
Rodney

Further.............

There is a very well done story on the "Swimming Postmen"
here.
http://www.pabillingham.freeserve.co.uk/swim.html

Old August 19th 04, 05:15 PM
Grandpa

Cool, I've never used the Images feature. I can seeno pun intended -
grin where this feature is helpful. Its funny how you use something on
a daily basis but never really pay attention to everything it does. Thanx!

Grandpa

Old August 19th 04, 05:17 PM
Grandpa

YIKES! Seeing some of the Shark stamps makes me glad it wasn't I who
swam for the mailG.

Grandpa

Old August 19th 04, 11:12 PM
renster

Grandpa wrote:
Cool, I've never used the Images feature. I can seeno pun intended -
grin where this feature is helpful. Its funny how you use something on
a daily basis but never really pay attention to everything it does.
Thanx!

Another useful feature is conversion. Type into google search:

"10 miles to kilometers"

and click search. Does a range of conversions (but not all).

http://www.google.com.au/help/features.html#calculator
Old August 20th 04, 02:48 AM
Rodney

Its funny how you use something on
a daily basis but never really pay attention to everything it does

That statement is very pertinent at home here recently,
My 9yo is "touch typing" at the moment, and yesterday he came up with........

"Dad, what's the Scroll Lock Key for?"

I've been staring at that one for what 15 years, and never knew.
(The answer is extremely boring, and won't post the extended
reply from W98 NG)

Old August 20th 04, 03:34 AM
Blair (TC)

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:48:53 +0800, "Rodney"
wrote:

Its funny how you use something on
a daily basis but never really pay attention to everything it does

That statement is very pertinent at home here recently,
My 9yo is "touch typing" at the moment, and yesterday he came up with........

"Dad, what's the Scroll Lock Key for?"

I've been staring at that one for what 15 years, and never knew.
(The answer is extremely boring, and won't post the extended
reply from W98 NG)

Rod:

Didn't you write on scrolls when you were in school? 38*O
I think we had a Cuniform Tablet Lock key in our classes.

Blair

Old August 20th 04, 03:45 AM
Rodney

I am not ashamed to admit, well perhaps a little
that my early days at school, included nibs and inkwells. (sigh)
(Papyrus was a bit before my time)
Then that ruddy French invention came along, courtesy
of Baron Biro.
I still correspond with refillable Ink Pen,
although I do remember desiring once, those American astronoauts
Biros that wrote upside down, (or so they said)

Old August 20th 04, 05:39 PM
Grandpa

Rodney wrote:

Its funny how you use something on
a daily basis but never really pay attention to everything it does

That statement is very pertinent at home here recently,
My 9yo is "touch typing" at the moment, and yesterday he came up with........

"Dad, what's the Scroll Lock Key for?"

I've been staring at that one for what 15 years, and never knew.
(The answer is extremely boring, and won't post the extended
reply from W98 NG)

Interesting you mention the SR key, I've never found a use for it, nor
am I aware of what it does eitherG! And I'm retired from the computer
industry, embarassing....................

Grandpa