Texas Pinball Festival, This weeked!!!! Outside Flea Market!!!!

Old November 3rd 03, 06:10 PM
Hassell Castle

Default Texas Pinball Festival, This weeked!!!! Outside Flea Market!!!!

Guys and Gals,

The 2003 Texas Pinball Festival is this weekend and the show is
looking to be the best show we've had yet. We thank everyone
that is participating in the show....without you..the show wouldn't
exist. I hope you are ready to play some pinball and classic video
games, the ballroom is packed FULL!!!

The reason for posting this message is to invite you fellow coin-op
collectors and operators to participate in our Coin-Op Flea
Market/Swap Meet that will be held this Saturday, November 8th from
8am-12noon in the north parking lot of the Holiday Inn where the Texas
Pinball Festival is being held.

So far we have a pretty nice line up of vendors that are participating
in the swap meet, better than last year, that will be selling coin-op
games, parts, supplies and promotional items. However more space is
available!

Got some project games collecting dust, parts you'll never need! Bring
them to the swap meet!!!!

Space to participate in the swap meet is just $30 for a 17' x 35'
space (equivalent to four square of parking spaces on the lot).
You can make payment via paypal.com to:

Plus!!! We know there will definitely be a crowd! THE BONE 93.3 FM
"Classic Texas Rock that ROCKS!" Will be set up close to the swap meet
area at the Festival Saturday morning from 8am giving away promotional
items and then broadcasting live from 10am - 2pm!!!

If you are interested in participating in the swap meet, please
contact me at:
You must contact us before
hand if you wish to participate in the Swap Meet.

2003 Texas Pinball Festival (November 7th-9th, 2003)
Holiday Inn Select - D/FW Airport North
4441 Hwy 114 @ Esters Blvd.
Irving, Texas 75063

See everyone this weekend!
Craig Hassell
Co-Organizer 2003 Texas Pinball Festival

Arlington, Texas
http://www.hassellcastle.com
NEW URL!!!

JoIn ThE CiRqUs!
C*rqus Volta*re Pinball -------------------------
Software, Tech tips, Pictures, Sounds, Owners List
http://www.hassellcastle.com/cirqus.htm
NEW URL!!!

2003 Texas Pinball Festival
November 7th-9th * Irving, Texas
www.texaspinball.com
Old November 3rd 03, 10:09 PM
Ssmith

Don't miss out, this is gonna be one heck of a show this year !
Everything is bigger in Texas !

Be sure to check out the swap meet area, I will a used Monster Bash
playfield avaliable, among some other goodies !

See everyone at the show this weekend !!! Shannon / SSpinball

Old November 4th 03, 12:48 PM
AKOPORC

I am bringing the family to Dallas from Austin this weekend to attend
the TBF. This will be my first pinball event being I have only been a
pinhead (ss,tom,cftbl) for about a year. Question to sellers: How are
pin purchase deals done at events like this? Cash only or does it
depend on the seller? Are pins and parts only for sale during the
flea market event or are they available for sale all weekend?
Old November 4th 03, 04:49 PM
Hassell Castle

Let me explain.

Payment options for machines, parts and supplies will be up to the
seller. Cash always works best :-) I wouldn't recommend trying to
make a big purchase with a check. I know as myself being a seller
there...I won't accept them. However there is an ATM on premise and
banks are near by.

Machines, parts and supplies will be for sale the entire weekend, not
just at the flea market. Only rule we have asked sellers to follow as
they have signed in their vendor contract is that all machines are not
to be removed/turned off from the ballroom floor until the end of the
show. What makes the show great is the amount of playable pinball
machines together in one facility for everyone to enjoy.

For them to leave early because of being sold, short changes the
attendee's that have paid admission to enter the show to play these
machines.

Craig

Old November 5th 03, 02:08 AM
SalahiAndSon

Craig,
Does the "machine can't leave rule" also apply to machines bought in the
parking lot swap meet Saturday morning?

I know some ppl like myself may be disappointed by this rule if they are
not staying for the whole weekend due to travel arrangements but want to
purchase a machine. It seems it could even hurt sales some. I know if I paid
top dollar for a nice pin in working order, then waited for the show to end
to find my machine in lesser or non working order I would be upset also.
However I was at the first show and the lack of good machines on the last
day was also disapointing. This seems like a double edged sword or sorts to
me.

G.

Old November 5th 03, 05:18 AM
Hassell Castle

Hi G.

Stuff purchased at the Swap meet Saturday morning can and should be
removed after purchase. The Saturday swap meet is only from 8am-12noon
so at that time....I think you'd want to take your prize home

Yes, I agree it is a double edged sword. And let me confirm that we
had a remarkable number of good machines at last years show....FAR
more than the first year. Half of the machines at the first
year...were fixer uppers brought by Gilbert Sanchez. Most of his
machines were not in playable condition. I'm not ragging him at
all...he had some great buys and most of the bargains went fast! Both
last year and this year will be much different than the 2001
Pinballrama show. Everything being brought on the ballroom floor will
most likely be playable for everyone to enjoy.

I agree some people don't want that newly purchased machine to
continue to get play. However we ask for the sellers to help us by
explaining the situation to the buyers that they are to remain on
premises and hope they understand. Certain situations though are
understanding....if the buyer is only going to be there Saturday and
wants to take the machine, we don't want the seller to loose a
sell...heck that is what the sellers are there to do. So some
exceptions can be made. He have told some of our volume sellers coming
to the show, too bring some backup! Heck if they've paid for the
space, nothing wrong with moving out a sold pin and replacing it with
something else that is available.

Hope that helps clear things up...I think we all agree with your
concerns. It's an issue that all pinball shows have to deal with.

Craig

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 02:08:36 GMT, "SalahiAndSon"
wrote:

Craig,
Does the "machine can't leave rule" also apply to machines bought in the
parking lot swap meet Saturday morning?

I know some ppl like myself may be disappointed by this rule if they are
not staying for the whole weekend due to travel arrangements but want to
purchase a machine. It seems it could even hurt sales some. I know if I paid
top dollar for a nice pin in working order, then waited for the show to end
to find my machine in lesser or non working order I would be upset also.
However I was at the first show and the lack of good machines on the last
day was also disapointing. This seems like a double edged sword or sorts to
me.

G.

.. .