PCGS MS-65 Set of two Wisconsin extra leaf 25c closes at $1099!

Old February 11th 05, 06:23 PM
Ira Stein

Default PCGS MS-65 Set of two Wisconsin extra leaf 25c closes at $1099!

Rick Snow (Eagle Eye Rare Coins) had 7 sets of PCGS graded MS-65s and 4
of MS-64 PCGS sets left. Bidding started at $524 for the MS-65s and
$374 IIRC for the lesser graded coins. I don't think this a fluke. I
admit, I was skeptical at first, thinking many more would be found, and
although that still could happen, I believe the national publicity and
the interest of the general public may turn out to make these coins
worth having.

With raw ones, most likely NOT MS-65 and most likely MS-63/4 at best,
selling for $600 or so on eBay, I don't think the final price was that
outrageous.

As a dealer, I think all this coin publicity will be good for the
hobby.

Just as an aside, I spoke to Rick Snow last week about these coins and
he said that visually, the NGC MS-66 examples were virtually indentical
to the PCGS Ms-65s, for what that's worth. I believe Rick has many more
at PCGS just waiting for their return from the grading service. Don't
expect a starting price of $524 for the two-piece set this time!