Help on fading autogrpahs!

Old September 15th 06, 03:06 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Craig

Default Help on fading autogrpahs!

Anyone know what I can do to keep sigs from fading? I have a 3 Stooges
lobby card that I got signed in peson by Curly Joe like 25 years ago
and it's starting to fade. IT's my favorite and I can't let it go!!!!
Thanks for the help.

Craig

Old September 15th 06, 03:32 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Where's it being kept now? Should be in dark area. Usually light
causes fading. Also, it needs to be in acid free area because if it's
signed in black sharpie or ballpoint and not with acid free, it'll
cause yellowing and fading of the signature part by itself.

Old September 15th 06, 05:13 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

Craig,

Sue is giving great advice. Proper storage and GOOD LUCK are the best
ways to protect your items. I have seen team signed baseballs where
some of the sigs have faded while many are still bold. The same ball,
the same era!

Binders with archival sheets, out of light, and in a smoke free room
are the best that I can honestly think off.

Den

Old September 15th 06, 09:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2

Yep Den-

my 1969 Mets ball-I used the wrong ink, and the autographs have virtually
disappeared over time. I used ink by Cross pens, instead of a bic blue
point. My mistake. The only real readible autograph, is Jerry Grote...by all
means-out of the light!

pe2

Old September 15th 06, 09:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Craig

I've had it up in a frame for over 20 years now and it's fading. I
thought I should take it down and now I guess I will. It's my most
favorite 'graph and I hate "putting it away" out of sight but I am
going to to preserve it. Part of the problem I figure too is that it
was signed with a black felt tip marker. It's never been in any direct
light. Thanks, guys!

Craig

Old September 15th 06, 10:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Any light over time (even direct light) will deteriorate stuff.
That's why when you go into some museums it's really dark in some
rooms... next time you go to a museum, notice what sort of light they
are using and where it's faced etc.