For Barefoot

Old September 17th 05, 04:38 PM
pe2

Default For Barefoot

Barefoot-

Not a bad conversation we've had on the recent post regarding the bad Cathy
Bach autograph I've spotted on eBay this past week! I recently read where
you haven't seen in her in person in quite some time.

Recently-Cathy has been doing "Dukefest" for the last several years (since
2001) at Cooter's "Dukefest" in the old Sperryville, VA location, and now
Bristol, TN. She has also been doing the DVD extras for "The Dukes of
Hazzard".

Cathy signs her autograph the same way 99% of the time. One of the "key"
factors in her signature is the "smiley" face. Most forgers will use "dots"
for the eyes, where as in a private signing or public event - the eyes are
slanted (like they're closed) and the smile-each end of the arc lands under
the slanted eyes. The other spot-the "a" in Bach is slightly raised above
the "c" in Bach.

Whether she's in a hurry or taking her time to spend a few minutes-the
autograph generally is the same. Since her 2001 appearance in Sperryville, I
have probably close to a dozen or so from her, and I imagine Todd F. is not
far behind me-Cathy, my favorite gal from the 70's-top knotch personality,
and one of the best in person signers ever!

My favorite signed piece has to be the infamous poster she did, as Daisy of
course!

Happy hunting-
pe2

Old September 17th 05, 06:16 PM
barefoot

i jsut refuse to pay for her signature at those shows...i've seen her
sign, but inever paid attention to what the signature looked like.
honestly, it's not something that i collect either.
mike