Frank the Spammer has been NARUed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old October 29th 03, 02:40 AM
James Brautigan

In article n4lnb.34957$9E1.134285@attbi_s52, "a. linklurker" on.th@internet wrote:

"Frank Provasek" wrote
"a. linklurker" wrote
The lurkers *don't* support him in email.
link*lurker*

Actually I have received 7 very nice supportive emails, but the writers
just don't want to post public comments and get flamed here.

I don't give a damn about the flames:
I hope that you learn your lesson, clean up your act,
stop being an obtuse, bull-headed dodo, and
get back on ebay and make a ton of money, fairly,
without sending unsolicited, commercial emails to former
winners of your ebay auctions, and without flooding this
n.g. with your inane, insane pleas for an understanding that we're
too sane to give you.

link

I am one of the persons who sent Frank a supportive email. He is
an honest dealer and Ebay would only be so lucky if all of
their sellers we so ethical.
Old October 29th 03, 03:04 AM
SgtDeath

"James Brautigan" wrote in message
In article aYbnb.41215$Fm2.17344@attbi_s04, "a. linklurker"

on.th@internet wrote:
LOL
Arrogant ebay *indeed*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...rid=frankcoins

link

If LOL still means "laughing out loud" why are you apparently
seeking humor in a person losing their livelyhood? The last time I
talked to Frank, he was making his living exclusively on ebay.
Taking the food off someone's table is not something to laugh
about.

If someone makes their livelyhood off of ebay, then they should really
adhere to the rules and not complain about it so much. As is in the real
world, one person's griping and complaining aint gonna change a thing. He
should have changed his business practices in regards to his mailing list to
something more appropriate like an opt-in program. Simple enough, but too
tough for frank to care about. If I was making my livelyhood off ebay, and I
had problems because the email I sent to old buyers was causing issues, then
conform. It's just not that hard. Loose your livelyhood vs. changing how you
solicite your wares. I've seen his website too... Put more effort into
selling your goods rather than trying to solicite old buyers. I bought
electronics from a seller. I was happy, and liked his inventory, so I check
back weekly for deals. He however does not spam me or email me in anyway...
But yet I'm still a repeat buyer.

For frank, I think that rounding up new business rather than spending so
much time complaining and trying to show himself as a victim should take
precedence. Buy a bumper sticker for your car or something with your URL.
Put more content on your site rather than just links to ebay or big pictures
that mean nothing to someone just browsing. Ya never know how much more
business you could get by focusing your marketing in the right direction
rather than bitching about stuff that causes problems when you end up
violating a TOS.

Old October 29th 03, 04:40 AM
Frank Provasek

"SgtDeath" wrote

Don't forget about the RIAA going after its own customers for sharing

music.
Driving customers away just isn't good for business.

The RIAA (Record Industry Association of America) is going after
people stealing from record companies and artists.

RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO MINIMUMS http://www.frankcoins.com
Ebay Powerseller FRANKCOINS Texas Auction License 11259
Board member Texas Coin Dealers Association, Fort Worth Coin Club.
Member: Texas Numismatic Assoc, American Numismatic Assoc.

Old October 29th 03, 04:48 AM
McWebber

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
.com...
There is no violation of ANY proposed spam law if you have an EXISTING
BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP with the recipient.

Wrong. But your ISP's AUP and eBay's AUP have zero to do with spam laws.
They are contracts you agreed to.

Q. What is spam?

Spam is what eBay and your ISP say it is.

--
McWebber
No email replies read

Old October 29th 03, 04:49 AM
McWebber

on.th@internet wrote:
LOL
Arrogant ebay *indeed*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...rid=frankcoins

link

If LOL still means "laughing out loud" why are you apparently
seeking humor in a person losing their livelyhood? The last time I
talked to Frank, he was making his living exclusively on ebay.
Taking the food off someone's table is not something to laugh
about.

Spam is theft.
Taking from a thief is justice.

Old October 29th 03, 04:52 AM
McWebber

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
.com...
"SgtDeath" wrote

Don't forget about the RIAA going after its own customers for sharing

music.
Driving customers away just isn't good for business.

The RIAA (Record Industry Association of America) is going after
people stealing from record companies and artists.

And, spam being theft, eBay is going after theives as well.

Old October 29th 03, 04:56 AM
Colin Kynoch

McWebber wrote:

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
.com...

"SgtDeath" wrote

Don't forget about the RIAA going after its own customers for sharing

music.

Driving customers away just isn't good for business.

The RIAA (Record Industry Association of America) is going after
people stealing from record companies and artists.

And, spam being theft, eBay is going after theives as well.

How is Spam theft?

Colin Kynoch

Old October 29th 03, 05:24 AM
Snuggles

In article ,
"Frank Provasek" wrote:

"SgtDeath" wrote

Don't forget about the RIAA going after its own customers for sharing

music.
Driving customers away just isn't good for business.

The RIAA (Record Industry Association of America) is going after
people stealing from record companies and artists.

Minor correction but the RIAA is going after people who steal from the
record companies. The record companies, on the other hand, have been
stealing from the artists for years.
Snuggles, not Shuggie