FA: Thomas Kinkade ORIGINAL "Home for the Evening"

Old December 12th 05, 06:38 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

Default Thomas Kinkade ORIGINAL "Home for the Evening"

On 12 Dec 2005 16:29:41 GMT, (Biljo White) wrote:

wrote:
Don't read much do you?

"If I could start over again, I'd paint like Picasso."

http://www.villagevoice.com/art/0146...,29883,13.html

Interestingly, Rockwell had no illusions about his own work - he knew he
was a competent magazine illustrator. Others have tried to make him into a
fine artist, especially after his death.

and they succeeded admirably as the public constantly attests to.
Old December 13th 05, 12:18 AM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

Is that good or bad? Rockwell did do oil paintings, so it is a stretch
to think that he had no concept that perhaps one day, his work might be
considered art. But of course, I guess if he had decided to do art,
then he wouldn't be famous, right? His work would immediately stop
selling because his talent would magically disappear if he didn't sell
illustrations to the Evening Post. lol

Old December 13th 05, 02:01 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

On 12 Dec 2005 16:18:09 -0800, "sir_haxalot"
wrote:

Is that good or bad? Rockwell did do oil paintings, so it is a stretch
to think that he had no concept that perhaps one day, his work might be
considered art.

I agree. I think he knew he painted well enough not to bother worring
about it.

?

His work would immediately stop
selling because his talent would magically disappear if he didn't sell
illustrations to the Evening Post. lol

?

An artist doesn't decide what's art, the public does so over time.
Old December 13th 05, 03:46 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

So by your own admission, the public has decided that Picasso, etc. are
in fact art, and you don't get to sit here and criticize their
importance to the art world, right? At the same time, since I am a
viewing member of the public, I can decide for myself that I don't like
Kinkade's art and not have that in any way indicate some admission of a
lack of talent on my part, right?

Old December 13th 05, 04:31 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

Kincade hasn't sold an original since 1998..... yet the guy takes in
$100M a year. He has ten artists that do his works for him, he does
not to them himself......

The artist is local to me & some local artists think he is such a
joke.

On Ebay you can buy an 'original' hand done one for just 99 cents from
a guy in China......check that if you have time. esp the one about
Lovers Point in PG as that is where he comes from.

Old December 13th 05, 05:13 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

On 13 Dec 2005 07:46:57 -0800, "sir_haxalot"
wrote:

So by your own admission, the public has decided that Picasso, etc. are
in fact art, and you don't get to sit here and criticize their
importance to the art world, right? At the same time, since I am a
viewing member of the public, I can decide for myself that I don't like
Kinkade's art and not have that in any way indicate some admission of a
lack of talent on my part, right?

I'm with Ty, here. Who are you responding to? With my newsreader, I
only see unread messages, and I have no idea who "your" is.

If you can figure out how to turn the shower on, which way to turn the
key to make a car start, and how to turn your computer on, you can
figure out how to post messages with attribution.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Old December 13th 05, 09:21 PM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

wrote:

So by your own admission, the public has decided that Picasso, etc. are
in fact art,

I don't think most of the public likes Picasso. They know his name and
that his work is worth lots of money.

- and you don't get to sit here and criticize their
importance to the art world, right?

The art world is totally divided on the matter. You can check out
opinions from the other side at http://www.artrenewal.org/

At the same time, since I am a
viewing member of the public, I can decide for myself that I don't like
Kinkade's art and not have that in any way indicate some admission of a
lack of talent on my part, right?

I agree. I don't like his work either. I don't know anything about
your talent.

Old December 14th 05, 01:04 AM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

The art world is totally divided on the matter. You can check out
opinions from the other side at http://www.artrenewal.org/

ROTFL!! Please.... a bunch on Ayn Rand devotees who run side business
as "ateliers" do not constitute half of the art world. Especially when
the majority of them post under multiple aliases.
As far as I know none has written published criticism in major
periodicals or books. (Leaving aside your own chimeral tome.)

And for good reason: 1) they are primarily propagandists and 2) don't
have the discipline to provide a reasoned argument for the importance
of the derivative pastiches that populate their "Living Masters"
gallery.

Old December 14th 05, 06:17 AM posted to alt.art.marketplace,rec.arts.fine,rec.collecting,alt.marketing.online.ebay

On 13 Dec 2005 17:04:21 -0800, wrote:

The art world is totally divided on the matter. You can check out
opinions from the other side at
http://www.artrenewal.org/

ROTFL!! Please.... a bunch on Ayn Rand devotees who run side business
as "ateliers" do not constitute half of the art world.

The word "atelier" means "workshop". The use of the word in this web
page means that ARC provides references to ateliers that art students
can attend. It is not, as you imply, a title assumed by the people.
the web page goes on to give information about the schools and
workshops available. I didn't read all of the descriptions, but it
does not seem that the workshops and schools are run by ARC people.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL

Star Trek cards for auctionne! Lynne Stewart Cards:- non-sport 0 September 27th 04 01:50 AM
NEW TRADE LIST Ray Morgan Basketball 0 January 20th 04 02:42 PM
FS - Football Singles The Dogger Football (US) 0 November 5th 03 12:04 AM
FS - Early 90's Football (Long List) LD Football (US) 0 October 16th 03 12:58 AM
CPK Dolls & Misc Items--- FS Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:53 PM