Salt Lake City Show Report

Old January 29th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Salt Lake City Show Report

The show started off Friday very well indeed. The show opened at 10:00 am
and by 10:15 I sold a very rare Deseret Bank Note signed by Brigham Young.
It is one of about 25 known. It went for $16,500. Later that day I had two
other well known collectors of this type show up looking for it.

A lot of interest in the Wisconsin Quarter extra leaf coins. We were the
only dealer there with some (5). The price in the last week has really
climbed (check out eBay). I sold all of them for between $325 and $375 (all
PCGS 63&64). I know that may sound high to some of you, but that's what
they're going for now. We also sold a lot of gold bullion which is unusual
for us at a show, but I guess this shows the demand for gold.

Morgan dollars and Indian cents were very strong with people looking for
high grade key dates. I was on the look out for some decent 1893 S Morgans
and 1877 Indian Cents and found only two 93 S's (over priced) and no 1877
Indian cents. I did find a nice PCGS 1922 No D Strong Reverse XF 40 that I
picked up at a decent price (are you listening Ira?).

Ran into a couple of RCC'ers who shall remain nameless to protect their
reputations... ;-)

All and all not a bad little two day show. We will have a table at the Long
Beach show in a week and a half. Look forward to seeing some of you there!
Wes

Old January 29th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Wes Chormicle wrote:

snip

We also sold a lot of gold bullion which is unusual
for us at a show, but I guess this shows the demand for gold.

Maybe the locals had pulled their old Howard Ruff books out - or maybe
there's been a reprint.

--

JMark

X11 [R6?]