PCGS slabs 95 counterfeit Morgans and offers to make guarantee good

Old April 29th 05, 01:23 AM
Nick Knight

In , on 04/28/2005
at 10:27 PM, "note.boy" said:

Ah ha, the phil defence, when you don't have one start name calling as it
makes you look clever, you think.

Sorry, Billy. That's all he's got. That's all he ever had. If he thinks
he's clever, we probably should give that to him. I can't imagine anyone
else being fooled.

Nick
Old April 29th 05, 01:27 AM
reality

note.boy wrote:
Ah ha, the phil defence, when you don't have one start name calling

as
it makes you look clever, you think.

Try harder to defend your position, please just don't just roll over

in
defeat to have your belly tickled.

I'm willing to give you another chance, go on, have another go.

Billy

You mean like the following, right EuroTard?:

Newsgroups: rec.collecting.coins From: "note.boy"

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:46:47 GMT Local: Sat,Apr 23 2005 12:46 pm
Subject: Now here's a grade you don't see very often

Are you two having a competition to see who's the biggest moron?
It's a draw so far, try harder. Billy

Old April 29th 05, 01:41 AM
reality

note.boy transparently scribbled:
PCGS live in the real world

Considering that PCGS is the Mothership of designating coins as to what
*you* refer to as "MS crap", you seem to contradict yourself once
again, EuroTard.

Newsgroups: rec.collecting.coins From: "note.boy"

Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 14:58:30 GMT Local: Sat,Apr 23 2005 7:58 am

USA collectors are the only ones gullible enough to fall for all that
MS
crap, you appear to be more gullible than average, it will cost you
dearly. Billy

Old April 29th 05, 02:54 AM
Reid Goldsborough

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:22:51 GMT, "note.boy"
wrote:

I would have thought that they would have been obliged to call the
secret service every time a counterfeit coin is sent into them?

Could they be charged with aiding and abetting?

Would the mail truck be impounded? Billy

I'm laughing my head off reading this exchange between you and Phil. A
walking, talking monkey. Call in the National Guard! LOL.

Phil keeps on, keeps on, keeps on giving out these dire warnings about
how people who keep bogos risk getting their cars seized. Oops. It has
never happened. Nobody's car has ever been seized for transporting a
counterfeit of a collectable coin. I'm surprised he didn't warn again
that you could get fined or thrown in jail. That's never happened
either. CONTRABAND! BAD! YOU GO JAIL!

Cracks me up. Hundreds, maybe thousands of people keep these pieces.
The ANA has a video about how interesting collecting counterfeit coins
can be. PCGS talks about how many in the numismatic community like
collecting bogos.

Doesn't matter. Phil read on some Web page where you can get your car
seized. Actually, he extrapolated this from some Web page. Sound the
alarms! LOL.

The contemporary counterfeits that PCGS documented are very
interesting, very collectable in the eyes of some. Just watch out or
your car will be seized. I'm seizing right now from laughing so
hard...

Yo, Nick. Better watch hide your car right away. I'm bad too. I've
actually had fakes of U.S. coins in my possession, to study,
photograph, and document online, warning others. Bought and sold one
of 'em. Bad, bad, bad. But Phil good. He read good. He say nobody
above law. He follow da law. All laws, he do. Dats right. Every last
one. Right, Phil?

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Consumer:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old April 29th 05, 03:24 AM
Phil DeMayo

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:27:56 GMT, "note.boy"
wrote:

Ah ha, the phil defence, when you don't have one start name calling as
it makes you look clever, you think.

From what I've seen here recently I'd be more inclined to call it the
"Billy.boy" defense.

Old April 29th 05, 03:31 AM
reality

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:22:51 GMT, "note.boy"
wrote:

snip

Now you have Reid humping your leg, billy.

You must be so proud of yourself!

Old April 29th 05, 03:58 AM
Nick Knight

In , on 04/28/2005
at 09:54 PM, Reid Goldsborough said:

he extrapolated

A master of extremely creative extrapolation, he certainly is. We can
credit him with at least that, if you consider that a postive. Oh wait, it
isn't. Nevermind.

I've got a new blurb for my rcc web site in mind. Hopefully, I can find a
free 10-15 minutes this coming weekend. I want to editorialize and poke fun
a junk mailers. You know, these are the idiots who send mail in "different
looking" envelopes, thinking they're going to actually fool someone.

Wild. First, if I can tell the envelope is junk, and there are many
telltale signs (most make it easy, as did the moron who I'm indirectly
poking fun at, whoever he/she is/was), do you even bother to open it? Not
me, it either gets pitched, or ripped in half and pitched (or shredded and
pitched). If one of these pieces of mail DOES manage to get past the
first-phase filter, it usually takes a brief glance at 2-3 words to then
determine if it is still junk. Do the senders of this junk really think the
recipients are going to care?

I guess I just don't get it, and find it pretty comical. If I've chosen not
to waste my time on a particular person, how far can anyone living in the
real world think they'll get trying to make me, or trick me, into wasting my
time?

It happens via email and news posts on occassion. It's like the twitted get
frustrated that they can't be heard. And they want to be heard so badly!
They need to learn that this is a personal choice, assisted by automated
processes as first-phase filters. If the first-phase filter doesn't weed
out the garbage, do they think they really are heard? I found it just as
easy to detect and delete 3 oddly addressed posts in header review mode.
Hmmmm. Very frustrating. I would guess.

Well, let's see if that satisfies my need to ramble. If anything's left,
I'll webize it.

Nick
Old April 29th 05, 04:11 AM
Phil DeMayo

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:54:08 -0400, Reid Goldsborough
wrote:

I'm laughing my head off reading this exchange between you and Phil. A
walking, talking monkey. Call in the National Guard! LOL.....snip

You're an enormous hypocrite.

if anyone else were to post crap like this you'd be whining
"Flameturd!, flameturd!....I'm taking my ball and going home".

Doesn't matter. Phil read on some Web page where you can get your car
seized. Actually, he extrapolated this from some Web page. Sound the
alarms! LOL.

It seems that fella in Moneta-L complaining about your professionalism
and lack of ethics may be on target.

It was not "some web page" and it was not "extrpolated".

The document was found using the findlaw.com search engine and was a
Department of Justice directive,archived by the GPO, issued
periodically to the Secret Service. The title of the directive is:

"PART 401--SEIZURE AND FORFEITURE OF VESSELS, VEHICLES AND AIRCRAFT
USED TO TRANSPORT COUNTERFEIT COINS, OBLIGATIONS, SECURITIES, AND
PARAPHERNALIA"

Now read that and tell me how I "extrapolated"

Wait....here's the text of the directive:

"Sec. 401.1 Secret Service agents authorized to make seizures.

All officers of the U.S. Secret Service engaged in the enforcement
of counterfeiting laws are hereby authorized and designated to seize
such vessels, vehicles, and aircraft as may be subject to seizure
because of violations of the said act of August 9, 1939, pertaining to
contraband articles referred to in section 1(b) (3) of said act."

Funny how we keep running into that pesky word "contraband" regarding
counterfeit coins.

Now tell me how I "extrapolated"

Old April 29th 05, 04:40 AM
Reid Goldsborough

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 02:58:36 GMT, "Nick Knight"
wrote:

I've got a new blurb for my rcc web site in mind. Hopefully, I can find a
free 10-15 minutes this coming weekend. I want to editorialize and poke fun
a junk mailers. You know, these are the idiots who send mail in "different
looking" envelopes, thinking they're going to actually fool someone.

Good analogy, spam/junk mail and these bogo posts with bogo
information. It's all counterfeit, false, a pretence, a fake.
Hypocritical sanctimony.

On one hand, it's a waste of time reading the bogo information Phil
spews forth on bogos. On the other hand, it can be very, very funny
watching how his mind works, or doesn't work actually. Most times I
prefer having nothing to do with him or his inanity. But he has this
little habit of continually trying to needle into threads I'm involved
with, poking and prodding, always trying to troll up another flamewar.
He likes to sabotage threads. He's a very moral guy, you see.

Somebody following the thread I started about how forgers have been
punished through history is a bad guy, though. Really bad. I mentioned
that one these forgery punishments, during the Middle Ages, was having
your testicles cut off. Somebody joked about this, and I joked back
about eunuchs.

This person emailed me a virus attachment using the email address
. Sent the message Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:21:30 -0500.
Norton caught the virus and zapped it -- W32.Mytob.BE@mm. There are
some really bad people out there. The really bad ones, in society in
general, are often the ones most moralistic.

Old April 29th 05, 03:40 PM
Reid Goldsborough

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:11:51 -0400, Phil DeMayo
wrote:

Now tell me how I "extrapolated"

It has never happened! It doesn't matter what language you find on
some Web site. What matters is what happens in the real world. Again,
again, again ... If in 140 years the government agency charged with
policing counterfeits, the Secret Service, has never put anybody in
jail or fined them or seized their car or horse and buggy for keeping
a counterfeit of a collectable coin, and if there's no indication that
this policy is about to abruptly change, and you keep on warning
people about these consequences, that's absolutely irresponsible.
You're withholding information, and you're doing deceptively and
immorally. You're presenting an inaccurately picture of reality. Doing
what you're doing is no different from warning people they shouldn't
go outside when it's raining because they could get hit by lightning
without also giving information about the likelihood of this
happening. Actually, people have been hit by lightning, while NOBODY
HAS EVER HAD THEIR CAR CONFISCATED OR BEEN JAILED OR FINED FOR KEEPING
A COUNTERFEIT OF A COLLECTABLE COIN. I'm not worked up or angry, just
flabbergasted at how utterly dense a human mind can be.