Book of Mormon "collectors" (thieves) caught

Old April 16th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Book of Mormon "collectors" (thieves) caught

I lived for a short time in Midway, just beyond Park City. With a
population of over 1000 or so, there was one non-Mormon in permanent
residence then (over ten years ago). Still, I was most certainly not the
only person who bought cigarettes at the well stocked convenience store!

Parley's Canyon was a wonderful bike ride! Now, you got to the top of that,
you knew you have been on a hill!

Willow

he"Kris Baker" wrote in message

"Pangarune Corner" wrote in message
Having lived in Salt Lake City for some years, the article has a bit more
impact.

Mormons are definitely people of the books. Desert Books, with several
locations around Utah, has full shops of books almost all with LDS themes
or writers. It is a way to promote the faith, and followed. You might
find a copy of a few bestsellers, but the rest if Mormon publications by
Mormon writers - or it was ten + years ago. Their history is a very deep
passion for many, which partially explains the Hoffman situation of a few
years ago. One of the best used bookshops, Sam Weller, has an astounding
collection of books by and about Mormons and Mormon theology, including
those banned by the church (i.e. Boride's bio of Joseph Smith)

When I lived there, the overall population of Utah was 85%+ Mormon. SLC
was lower, at about 60%. Even used books were primarily Mormon themed.

I had wondered about music production in those days, and spent some time
with the reps from a major Mormon label. They had complaints when some
albums were deemed too "bouncy" and stopped production.

Utah is definitely different. A crime like this would have much greater
impact than in other states.

Willow

Utah has *never* been 85% Mormon. There are little enclaves, for sure,
but most of those percentages are put out by the Mormons themselves.
The town I grew up in, never even had a majority....and neither did SLC
itself. Look towards southern SL county and Happy Valley, and you've
got those numbers.

A recent article in the SL Tribune, which I've posted online quite a few
times, laid bare the lies that many have believed for years.
But you'll still see lazy journalists spouting the party line.

But you're right about the "faith promoting literature".

Kris
Third-Generation Utah Gentile

Old April 17th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

badreligion wrote:
the Mormon religion is hilarious......founded by a man who created a
religion so he could dork all his neighbors wives and then integrate them
into his own harem.......very funny stuff!

I have never understood what exactly a "dork" is. Now I find it being
used as a verb.

David Ames

Old April 17th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

the Mormon religion is hilarious......founded by a man who created a
religion so he could dork all his neighbors wives and then integrate them
into his own harem.......very funny stuff!

I have never understood what exactly a "dork" is. Now I find it being
used as a verb.

David Ames

Dork is the past tense of dick. :-)
Old April 17th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Then is dirk the future tense?

Old April 17th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Then is dirk the future tense?

If we say it is, then it is for us.
Old April 18th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

"Sam" wrote in message
oups.com...
Then is dirk the future tense?

Gently, now.