Poland ID please.

Old May 28th 04, 08:10 AM
Rodney

Default Poland ID please.

Would some kind soul be able to ID
(Gibbons or at least the year) of the 3 on the RHS
http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...to&PhotoID=339

The 1954 Philatelic sheetlet, I would welcome any info
any source.
Thanks

--

(Remove gum to reply)

Old May 28th 04, 11:10 AM
amesh \(Mette\)

"Rodney" skrev i en meddelelse
Would some kind soul be able to ID
(Gibbons or at least the year) of the 3 on the RHS
http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...to&PhotoID=339

The 1954 Philatelic sheetlet, I would welcome any info
any source.

Hi Rodney,

My SG simplified does not list sheets, but here is what Scott (1999) says
about the 1954-sheetlet (#C34):

3rd Congress of the Polish Philatelic Association, Warsaw 1954. Sold for
7.50 Zlotys. A similar sheet, imperf, and in dark blue, but had no postal
validity.

The last one (far right) is by the Polish painter Edmund Bartlomiejczyk
(1885-1950), issued 5th March 1979 in a set of Polish Graphics, SG 2595. In
Michel (# 2607) it is named "The Blitz".

HTH a bit :-)
--
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)
return address invalid -- contact me through

Old May 28th 04, 11:46 AM
amesh \(Mette\)

"Rodney" skrev i en meddelelse
Would some kind soul be able to ID
(Gibbons or at least the year) of the 3 on the RHS
http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...to&PhotoID=339

The second from left is no. 4 of a set of 7 stamps issued 23rd December
1970, depicting tapestries in Wawel Castle. "Man's Head" (detail of
"Deluge" tapestry). SG 2025, Michel 2044.

Old May 28th 04, 12:12 PM
amesh \(Mette\)

"Rodney" skrev i en meddelelse
Would some kind soul be able to ID
(Gibbons or at least the year) of the 3 on the RHS
http://groups.msn.com/Stamps/shoebox...to&PhotoID=339

The second from right is no. three in a set of five, issued 14th December
1992, depicting the History of the White Eagle (Poland's Arms). 18th
century arms, SG # 3449, Michel # 3422.

Old May 28th 04, 01:16 PM
Rodney

Gee, thanks a lot Mette,
I had thought perhaps all beyond my catalogue range (1992)
Wrong
Boy, talk about catalogue blindness.
I've had them all hanging around, waiting for a place to stay.

At last, I can put them to bed.

--

(Remove gum to reply)