The Tom Swift Unofficial Home Page Newly Updated

Old August 27th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.arts.books.childrens,rec.collecting.books,alt.books,rec.arts.sf.marketplace
Hardy-Boys.net

Default The Tom Swift Unofficial Home Page Newly Updated

I've just updated my Tom Swift site with all new information and cover
art scans:
Check it out:

The Tom Swift Unofficial Home Page
http://tomswift.bobfinnan.com
Detailed, illustrated information about all the Tom Swift books!
Tom Swift, Tom Swift Jr., Tom Swift III, Tom Swift IV, Tom Swift/Hardy
Boys Ultra Thrillers and the new Boy Inventor series!
PLUS: Information on every other series by Victor Appleton - DON STURDY
& all the Motion Picture Series'
"The Shopton Connection" - A Tom Swift Message Board:
http://disc.server.com/Indices/171901.html
All this at: http://tomswift.bobfinnan.com

Old August 28th 06, 08:04 AM posted to rec.arts.books.childrens,rec.collecting.books,alt.books,rec.arts.sf.marketplace
Scot Kamins

In article om,
"Hardy-Boys.net" wrote:

I've just updated my Tom Swift site with all new information and cover
art scans:
Check it out:

The Tom Swift Unofficial Home Page
http://tomswift.bobfinnan.com
Detailed, illustrated information about all the Tom Swift books!
Tom Swift, Tom Swift Jr., Tom Swift III, Tom Swift IV, Tom Swift/Hardy
Boys Ultra Thrillers and the new Boy Inventor series!
PLUS: Information on every other series by Victor Appleton - DON STURDY
& all the Motion Picture Series'
"The Shopton Connection" - A Tom Swift Message Board:
http://disc.server.com/Indices/171901.html
All this at: http://tomswift.bobfinnan.com

There's a tremendous amount of interesting information and links at this
site. Great job, Bob! Not as complete as the Hardy Boys stuff, of
course, but you've been doing that series longer.

- Scot Kamins
Old August 28th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.arts.books.childrens,rec.collecting.books,alt.books,rec.arts.sf.marketplace
Hardy-Boys.net

Scot Kamins wrote:
All this at: http://tomswift.bobfinnan.com

There's a tremendous amount of interesting information and links at this
site. Great job, Bob! Not as complete as the Hardy Boys stuff, of
course, but you've been doing that series longer.

Thanks Scot. I've been concentrating on my Hardy Boys site & neglecting
my other sites for too long.
I have a renewed interest in the Swift series and will soon be visiting
the Stratemeyer archives at the NYPL for even more information.
The big question I hope to solve is the cover artists for the Swift Jr.
series, the illustrators for the internal drawings are named in the
book but it remains a mystery as to who did the cover art!
--
RWF

Old August 28th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.arts.books.childrens,rec.collecting.books,alt.books,rec.arts.sf.marketplace
Scot Kamins

In article om,
"Hardy-Boys.net" wrote:

The big question I hope to solve is the cover artists for the Swift Jr.
series, the illustrators for the internal drawings are named in the
book but it remains a mystery as to who did the cover art!

Yeah, much of the cover art in the Modern Library series remains a
mystery as well. Illustrators didn't get the credit that intro writers
did - while most of the latter are identified, many of the former didn't
even get to initial their work.

Scot Kamins

Modern Library collectors website at
http://www.ModernLib.com
Old August 29th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.arts.books.childrens,rec.collecting.books,alt.books,rec.arts.sf.marketplace
Hardy-Boys.net

Scot Kamins wrote:
In article om,
"Hardy-Boys.net" wrote:

The big question I hope to solve is the cover artists for the Swift Jr.
series, the illustrators for the internal drawings are named in the
book but it remains a mystery as to who did the cover art!

Yeah, much of the cover art in the Modern Library series remains a
mystery as well. Illustrators didn't get the credit that intro writers
did - while most of the latter are identified, many of the former didn't
even get to initial their work.

It's odd that the cover artists go uncredited and, for the most part,
unknown.
The front cover (esp. in children's books) really helps to attract
buyers.
--
RWF

Old August 29th 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bud Webster

On 28 Aug 2006 18:10:31 -0700, "Hardy-Boys.net"
wrote:

It's odd that the cover artists go uncredited and, for the most part,
unknown.
The front cover (esp. in children's books) really helps to attract
buyers.

Bob, are you at all familiar with Esenwein's _Adventures to Come_,
McLoughlin Bros. 1937? I'd LOVE to know who did that cover.
Old August 29th 06, 12:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
The Bobino

wrote:

It's odd that the cover artists go uncredited and, for the most part,
unknown.
The front cover (esp. in children's books) really helps to attract
buyers.

Bob, are you at all familiar with Esenwein's _Adventures to Come_,
McLoughlin Bros. 1937? I'd LOVE to know who did that cover.

Nope, not familiar with that one.
The 30's was the golden age of cover art IMHO.
It's a shame that those artists remain anonymous.
--
RWF

Old August 29th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bud Webster

On 29 Aug 2006 04:36:06 -0700, "The Bobino"
wrote:

Nope, not familiar with that one.
The 30's was the golden age of cover art IMHO.
It's a shame that those artists remain anonymous.

I'll send you a scan of the two issues I have, I think you'll love
'em.
Old September 1st 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
The Bobino

wrote:

Nope, not familiar with that one.
The 30's was the golden age of cover art IMHO.
It's a shame that those artists remain anonymous.

I'll send you a scan of the two issues I have, I think you'll love
'em.

I'm waiting.........

Old September 1st 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bud Webster

On 31 Aug 2006 16:40:42 -0700, "The Bobino"
wrote:

I'm waiting.........

??? I sent them to , you didn't get them?