Dealers? Opinions on models? (I've narrowed it down, I think)

Old April 30th 04, 03:22 PM
derPrediger

Default Dealers? Opinions on models? (I've narrowed it down, I think)

Here are some pens I am considering - please offer your opinions and
suggestions -
Parker Sonnet - the Chisle or whatever it is called - the great heavy
looking silver cut one -
Pelikan new 400, 600 - I guess the 800 would be too big -
That where I am on new ones - I need ideas!
On old ones - I'd like a filler - but it's got to work! Restored is great,
but I need to have recommendations on dealers -
(newbie does not want to overspend) - the mechanism type is not as important
as the fact that it will work - a lever filler just looks good -
I have read all about more inexpensive new pens, and have read where great
vintage pens can be found for 50 dollars of so - though when I go to sites
where vintage restored pens are sold, they are up aroung 500 dollars - I
guess my price range is around 200 dollars -
Parker 51 looking pen - how do they write? - been told they can be found
cheap - I'm not finding them cheap - also, is it a great writer?
Pelikan 400NN? Better to get an old one, or just buy a new 400?
argh! I need help -!
Please offer your recommendations on great, realiable pens in the classic
kind of styling - and recommendations on honest capable restorers and
dealers - sorry for the rambling nature of this post -
danke!

Old May 1st 04, 02:55 PM
Greg Liverman

Preacher,

There was an earlier post regarding less-expensive pens that resulted in a
plethora of suggestions. It was only last week so it should still be on your
server.

I own both the Pelikans and the Parker Cisele. The feel different, write
different and look different. Both are very nicely constructed.

Here's the bottom line - it all depends on what feels good in your hand. In
other words, you really won't know until you hold them. If you have a pen
shop near your home - go there. (Living high in the Rockies, I don't. :-( )

If you are looking for online dealers, go to the enthusiasts websites and
look at the links on those pages - for online stores or other enthusiasts
websites (where there are more links pointing to dealers, etc.). You can
find all of those links in by scanning two weeks worth of posts on this
board. I'll give you a few places to start (no favoritism implied...just a
selection of my bookmarks):
www.pentrace.com
www.ramblingsnail.net
www.richardspens.com
www.penHero.com

Again - it's best to try them out in a shop..that way you know what feels
best in your hand and what fits your writing style.

Greg