who else has had leaking probs with Delta Dolce Vita O/S

Old September 5th 03, 07:34 PM
DovR

Default who else has had leaking probs with Delta Dolce Vita O/S

Leaks terribly.

Old September 6th 03, 11:38 AM
BSB

does it leak inside the body or outside from the nib/section?

DovR wrote:
Leaks terribly.

Old September 9th 03, 04:42 AM
H. Whelply

"O/S" means "oversize"? I have the medium. So far no problems. Very nice
pen.

"DovR" wrote in message
Leaks terribly.

Old September 10th 03, 01:48 AM
PGBarto

DV OS never had a leak. Couldn't get the flow to support a broad and then
modified by Mr Binder to a cursive italic, but a trip to Mother Italy and all
is well.
Old September 11th 03, 02:11 AM
DovR

My ailing DV OS was rectified by that great Israeli penman and nib meister
Sami Dan. Sami studied mechanical engineering at the Technion in Haifa and
in Italy where he met his charming wife Nadia. Both Italophiles to the hilt.
He can fix any pen, oftimes making it better than the manufacturer intended
;-) Bexley sleeve filler in point.

Thus the problematic Delta saved the return trip to the agent in Jerusalem
and then on to Italy which would have taken weeks if not months by going
directly to Sami's pen laboratory in Haifa after I gave to him at our last
pen IPC meeting. He was intrigued by the problem. Thought he would have to
change the feeder.

Next day Sami phoned me that all is well. A manufacturing defect caused the
"hemorrhaging." QC at the factory could have avoided. One one would think
that a pen of this nature and price would be tested before leaving for the
wholesaler distributor retailer and end user. Sadly Delta, who make
wonderful looking pens are quite lax in this respect.

All's well that ends well. At least with the Delta DV OS. Life could be
sweeter, but that great big impressive orangey ink stic puts a smile on
one's face. Writes like a charm too after some nib tweaking.

We've made a club decision that the pen repairers /restorers will donate a
sizable portion of the repair fee on behalf of the www.israelpenclub.org to
the Children's Cancer Fund. Thank you pen friends.