Looking for Cherrypickers Guide, Vol. 2 Info

Old January 14th 04, 05:00 PM
JP

Default Looking for Cherrypickers Guide, Vol. 2 Info

Has anyone heard anything new about Vol. 2 of the Cherrypickers Guide? I
placed my order several months ago and have yet to hear any news about
it. The phone number on the web site has been disconnected and my emails
go unanswered. Thanks.

JP

http://stores.ebay.com/iwillworryforyouandmore

Old January 14th 04, 05:46 PM
Cliff

JP wrote:

Has anyone heard anything new about Vol. 2 of the Cherrypickers Guide? I
placed my order several months ago and have yet to hear any news about
it. The phone number on the web site has been disconnected and my emails
go unanswered. Thanks.

JP

http://stores.ebay.com/iwillworryforyouandmore

Same situation here.
Cliff

Old January 14th 04, 07:39 PM
Sam F.

Here is some info posted here on the first of the year.

http://tinyurl.com/2cobn

--
Sam F.
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/uncle_sam/

"JP" wrote...

Old January 15th 04, 12:10 AM
Aram H. Haroutunian

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:39:29 -0700, "Sam F."
wrote:

Here is some info posted here on the first of the year.

http://tinyurl.com/2cobn

I haven't heard anything either. BTW, Sam, are you next in line for
the Primitives? If so, please email me your postal addy. Thx.
Aram.
Old January 15th 04, 12:45 AM
Sam F.

"Aram H. Haroutunian" wrote...

I haven't heard anything either. BTW, Sam, are you next in line for
the Primitives? If so, please email me your postal addy. Thx.
Aram.

Looks like I am next, if I read it right..,
will email you my snail mail addy..

Thanks!
Sam F.

Old January 15th 04, 03:03 AM
Sam F.

First of all, may I wish you a very safe, healthy and Happy New Year.

Thanks for your note. I sincerely apologize for the delay with the
book.
I'm attaching a form letter below. I hate to do it this way, but
when you read it you'll understand how the form letter is saving me a
lot of discomfort, yet still getting the necessary information to you.

I hope that will explain everything satisfactorily. However, please
let me know how you would prefer I proceed with your order.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the delays. I wish you a safe and
Happy New Year!

JT

= = = = = = = = = =

Dear Customers,

First of all, I apologize for a lack on communication during the past
several weeks. Initially I moved my office and had a problem getting
reconnected to the Internet. That literally took over 3 weeks, thanks
to problems from BellSouth. That was minimal. Even worse now is the
fact that it seems that I seriously aggravated a problem in my neck
that I didn't realize existed. Its seems that one disk in my neck is
totally deteriorated, with the two vertebrae are rubbing together,
pinching the nerve trunk that feeds my right arm. That is C7 or those
of you who know. Another (C6) is almost gone and needs to be
replaced. I need to delay surgery until after the first of the year.
But the fact is that the pain has been worse than I can possibly
describe. I can only type for a short time after taking the pain
medication. The good news is that the surgery will be fast, and from
what the surgeon tells me, I'll be pain free immediately and back to
typing in less than two days after surgery. Its amazing what is being
done these days. But at the cost, its no wonder! I hope they give
Green Stamps!

Due to medicine I am able to write this right now. I will do
everything possible in the near future to get to any future replies
necessary as quickly as possible.

If you've requested a copy of The Cherrypickers' Guide, Volume Two, it
is unfortunately at the same point of about 6 weeks ago before moving
my office. At this point, I am waiting only on information on
dollars, and some pricing information to complete the book and get it
to the printer. I have also received a commitment from the printer
for a faster turn-around than previously expected. They are aware of
my delay and want to help. But additionally they have added some
binding functions in house that gives them more latitude to control
distribution times. But come hell or high water, it will be in your
hands within the first quarter of 2004.

There will be a diskette produced with price information for virtually
every variety listed within both volumes on the book. In as many
cases as possible, we'll provide accurate pricing information for up
to 7 grades, F, VF, EF, AU, MS60, MS63, and MS65. In some cases and
when appropriate other grades will be provided, and in a few cases not
all the mentioned grades will reasonably have values available. This
diskette is expected available very soon in an Excel file. All of you
who have patiently waited will get a copy with the book, or I can
also get a copy to you sooner via e-mail. If you would like a copy
via e-mail as soon as its available, please send me a totally separate
note, with a subject line of "please send Excel price guide".

We have changed the FS number listings due to necessity. The new
numbering system is very logical, can be abbreviated, and will not
contain any decimals. There is also the availability to add an
infinite number of listings for any date and Mint. As an additional
benefit to the new system, all coins will be listed in the proper
order. In the past, some open 3 and closed 3 1873 dated coins were
mixed together, as an example. Also, with the Shield nickels, some
1867 with rays and no rays were mixed together. These types of
corrections are included. The same Excel file price guide mentioned
above will contain all this information, so you can easily
cross-reference any old listing numbers with new numbers. This entire
file will soon be available on the Internet site, and will be updated
as often as necessary.

Due to the delay of the book, everyone who has waited will receive a
complimentary 6 issue subscription (or extension) to Cherrypickers'
News. The next issue will be published and mailed while the book is
at the printer. So that is also right around the corner, and the
price guide section included in Cherrypickers' News will be expanded
to almost 200 varieties.

Due to the delay I fully understand a few of you would prefer a refund
on Volume Two. If that's the case, please let me know and it will be
taken care of promptly. It make take me a couple of days, depending
upon the available use of my arm, but not longer. Yes, you'll still
be able to get the 20% discount as promised when you reorder. I'll
keep a list of those of you who ordered early and received a refund.
I'll be sure to notify you about 3 weeks before the book is being
mailed.

I sincerely apologize for the delay. Its certainly not what I wanted.
I'm very excited about getting this volume produced and sold, and I'm
also excited about the upcoming continuation of Cherrypickers' News.
Additionally, I have started to work on a new web site for The
Cherrypickers' Guide. I'll have the plans posted on the Internet site
as soon as I possibly can. Believe me, everyone will be excited about
the upcoming web site. In the event you don't have it, the url is:
www.cherrypickersguide.com.

Finally, I had planned to send this out starting about December 17,
but the pain and minimal use of my right hand and arm made it
impossible. Thanks to medicine, I think I'll be able to reply to any
comments any of you care to make. I'll do my best to reply within 24
hours.

Again, I sincerely apologize for the delays. I know that a few of you
may not understand or care, but try to believe that I do care, a lot,
about the book and about the delays. I mention that as I want
everyone to know and understand that I care a lot about The
Cherrypickers' Guide, Cherrypickers' News, and even more for all the
collectors and dealers who have made this successful. I honestly
can't wait to get the book mailed, and to get the upcoming web site
started, and of course the continuation of Cherrypickers' News.

Best wishes all and Happy New Year!

JT

Old January 15th 04, 04:18 AM
BobbyShaw

I haven't heard anything either. BTW, Sam, are you next in line for
the Primitives? If so, please email me your postal addy. Thx.
Aram.

Looks like I am next, if I read it right..,
will email you my snail mail addy..

Thanks!
Sam F.

The RCC nickel is *close* to resuming its travel. I have a ski trip planned a
couple of weeks from now and will make sure to take the nickel and show it an
exciting and dangerous time! I wanted to take it to some Georgia landmarks,
but it's just the wrong time of year for any sightseeing. So, the nickel will
only get to see some genuine North Carolina man-made (counterfeit?) snow!

Robert Shaw
--
Does olive oil really help with corroded coins? Check out my experiment at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/o...xperiment.html