Euro symbol on a keyboard

Old December 27th 03, 04:19 AM
Grandpa

Default Euro symbol on a keyboard

Most of you probably already know this but for those who do not and may
at some point need it, you can do the Euro symbol on your keyboard. As
with most special characters you need to press and hold Alt, then
press some sequence of numbers on the small keypad on the right side of
your board, then release the Alt key. I found today while in the
Stamp NG that you can do a Euro symbol € by using a zero, then 128, thus
the sequence is Alt0128. I had no idea using a zero first would
produce symbols. There are a number of other symbols available using
the zero first, chart H at the following site:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....isc/Cards.html

Old December 27th 03, 05:50 AM
Michael G. Koerner

Grandpa wrote:

Most of you probably already know this but for those who do not and may
at some point need it, you can do the Euro symbol on your keyboard. As
with most special characters you need to press and hold Alt, then
press some sequence of numbers on the small keypad on the right side of
your board, then release the Alt key. I found today while in the
Stamp NG that you can do a Euro symbol € by using a zero, then 128, thus
the sequence is Alt0128. I had no idea using a zero first would
produce symbols. There are a number of other symbols available using
the zero first, chart H at the following site:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....isc/Cards.html

On my Macintosh, the Euro symbol '€' is alt/optionshift2. This
assumes, of course, that you are using updated fonts that support it.

Macs have an entire set of symbols, foreign letters and so forth that
can be used otherwise normally via the alt/option key. For example,
the '¢' is alt/option4, the '®' is alt/optionr, the '¥' is
alt/optiony, the '¿' is alt/optionshift/, the '£' is
alt/option3, etc.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old December 27th 03, 05:31 PM
Padraic Brown

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 23:50:30 -0600, "Michael G. Koerner"
wrote:

Grandpa wrote:

[...]

Yes. PCs can do similar with ALT plus a numeric code. Thanks to
Grampa for the €-tip though!

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.

Old December 30th 03, 03:35 PM
Ed Hendricks

"Joe McMillan" wrote in message

Ç€€€
Thanks
"Grandpa" jsdebooATcomcast.net wrote in message
Most of you probably already know this but for those who do not and
may at some point need it, you can do the Euro symbol on your
keyboard. As with most special characters you need to press and
hold Alt, then press some sequence of numbers on the small keypad
on the right side of your board, then release the Alt key. I
found today while in the Stamp NG that you can do a Euro symbol € by
using a zero, then 128, thus the sequence is Alt0128. I had no
idea using a zero first would produce symbols. There are a number
of other symbols available using the zero first, chart H at the
following site:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....isc/Cards.html

If you are using Windoze, you can also select it from Accessories/System
Tools/Character Map along with hundreds of other characters. Seems there is
always more than one way to skin a cat. :-)

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621

Old December 30th 03, 06:09 PM
Ed Hendricks

"rhodo chrosite" wrote in message
s.com
Careful, Ed. We have enough trolls here without encouraging the PETA
trolls.

LOL That's for sure.

--
Ed Hendricks