Can M100B keyboard be used in AY100 machine?

Old September 16th 10, 05:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Corvette Bob

Default Can M100B keyboard be used in AY100 machine?

Hi Guys,
Hope the subject line covers this question. I'm troubleshooting my
AY100 for a selection problem and trying to eliminate the keyboard as
a problem. I used the battery trick to make the "all selections" and
the mech and selector work fine, stopping on all records. But it won't
select a particular record when I try to make it with the keyboard. My
friend wants to bring over his keyboard and try it in my machine. I
don't want to damage his keyboard and that's why I'm asking this
question. Thanks for your help.
Bob
Old September 16th 10, 10:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Oldtimejuker

On Sep 16, 12:22*pm, Corvette Bob wrote:
Hi Guys,
* *Hope the subject line covers this question. *I'm troubleshooting my
AY100 for a selection problem and trying to eliminate the keyboard as
a problem. *I used the battery trick to make the "all selections" and
the mech and selector work fine, stopping on all records. But it won't
select a particular record when I try to make it with the keyboard. My
friend wants to bring over his keyboard and try it in my machine. I
don't want to damage his keyboard and that's why I'm asking this
question. *Thanks for your help.
Bob

Hi Bob, I strongly recommend you don't try this. These are TOTALLY
different selection systems. Also the "B" uses an 8-pin plug for the
credit unit and the AY has a 12. Believe it's very likely you could
smoke something. Have you checked the write-in switch in the credit
unit? Ray
Old September 17th 10, 12:50 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Corvette Bob

Hi Ray,
I'll check that this evening and report back. Thanks for your
help.
Bob