what else do you collect?

Old June 13th 07, 09:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_2_]

Default what else do you collect?

wrote in message
m...

i never go to the very few parts of ny i don't feel safe in.
never got my pocket picked there. not like paris! they got a
cheap plastic wallet with a fake 3 dollar bill.

Hmmm that gives me an idea... I usually put my wallet in my front pocket
with a shirt that goes past my waist. I should put a fake wallet in my back
pocket and see how long it lasts.

i feel safer in times square at midnight then anytime in
paris...

Me too. Although Times Square was scarier back in the early 90s.

Old June 13th 07, 09:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_2_]

"tony cooper" wrote in message

*snip*
What you are whining about has nothing to do with collecting
coins.

*snip*
and stick to posting about coins in r.c.c.

Hypocrite much?

Old June 13th 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"PC" wrote in message

wrote in message
m...

i never go to the very few parts of ny i don't feel safe in.
never got my pocket picked there. not like paris! they got a
cheap plastic wallet with a fake 3 dollar bill.

Hmmm that gives me an idea... I usually put my wallet in my front pocket
with a shirt that goes past my waist. I should put a fake wallet in my
back pocket and see how long it lasts.

i feel safer in times square at midnight then anytime in
paris...

Me too. Although Times Square was scarier back in the early 90s.

Rome has a reputation for being rife with pickpockets as visitors are so
overcome by the place they are not as careful as the might normally be, my
brother in law had a folded map in his back pocket that he replaced each
time it was stolen, he was a victim 3 times as the thieves must have
presumed the map to be a wallet holding cash. Billy

Old June 13th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_2_]

Ο έγραψε στο μήνυμα
. ..
In article , "gogu"
wrote:

? "tony cooper" ?????? ??? ??????
. ..
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:31:56 +0300, "gogu"
wrote:

That was exactly my point!
I don't care of small crime, what I care is violent crime!
And in this regard the big American cities are far worst than any
European
capital!

Then stay in Europe.

Yooo, what's that?!
Can't we express our opinion anymore?!
No sir, I enjoy visiting America and I'll continue doing that but this has
nothing to do with how safe America *generally* is!
It's a great country, we have business there but it has its weak points,
every country has such weak points!
Seeing everything as an "attack" on the US it's only showing a narrow
mind!

I don't mind Europeans complaining about America's actions outside the
US because we deserve that criticism. But if you just want to whine
about the high crime rate in the US and how you don't feel safe here,
then stay home.

Again, your reaction is displaced and unfair!
Nobody is whining, people are talking and are free to express their
opinions
freely and politely, right or wrong!
Now if you don't want to see reality and live in a dream world, that's
your
prerogative but please don't attack people who disagree with you!
You are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to my opinion, too, why
you
should be nasty?!...
After all, I was not talking to you!

come out to the desert and i'll show you nature being bad.
from a nice air conditioned car, of course.

:-)))

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Old June 13th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_2_]

Ο έγραψε στο μήνυμα
m...
In article , "gogu"
wrote:

in american cities, it is certain neighborhoods that are
bad. generally the downtown and shopping areas are safe
becaause that's where the money is and money wants to be
safe.
the poor areas where money isn't safe, you aren't, either.
common sense will keep you safe if you keep your eyes open
and don't do stupid stuff.

Correct and that's why a spoke about "general" feeling, I included in it
*all* the places a person can go!
Nobody said that suburbs are a dangerous place to live, I live in N.Jersey
and it's quite and safe!
But you can't live in suburbs all your life, ther are days you have to go
downtown and there's where the problem lies.
And as you said, when I am in NY I *feel the need* to have always my eyes
wide open, something that never occurred to me while in Frankfurt,
Florence,
etc!
Of course even in Europe if you go to a place where there are many
tourists
you better be alerted all the time for pick pocketing and alike...
But I was speaking about the average citizen and the places he usually
goes,
not the tourist-infested places.

i never go to the very few parts of ny i don't feel safe in.
never got my pocket picked there. not like paris! they got a
cheap plastic wallet with a fake 3 dollar bill.
i feel safer in times square at midnight then anytime in
paris...

This only proves that people in the same location can have different
experiences!
I never had a bad incident in Paris, in NY on the other hand we had our car
stereo stolen!...
In tourist-infested places you have more chances to be pickpocketed or to be
subject to other forms of "light crime", no matter in what country you
are...
Everything is relative and as poster "Sibirskmoneta" said, maybe we feel
safer in an environment we are familiar with than in a totally foreign
environment where we don't even speak the language of the place...

Old June 13th 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_2_]

Ο "PC" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

"tony cooper" wrote in message

*snip*
What you are whining about has nothing to do with collecting
coins.

*snip*
and stick to posting about coins in r.c.c.

Hypocrite much?

Yeah, but better leave him talk alone...

Old June 14th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"gogu" wrote in message
Ο έγραψε στο μήνυμα
m...
In article , "gogu"
wrote:

[...]

The prospect of having a loaded wallet stolen in a strange country is hardly
a "light crime" to many of us, considering that most would risk bodily harm
without a thought to fight off a thief or pickpocket to avoid being left
without a wallet and/or passport.

Everything is relative and as poster "Sibirskmoneta" said, maybe we feel
safer in an environment we are familiar with than in a totally foreign
environment where we don't even speak the language of the place...

I feel safe on RCC, even though I don't always speak the language of the
place. :)

Bruce

Old June 14th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_2_]

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

The prospect of having a loaded wallet stolen in a strange country is
hardly a "light crime" to many of us, considering that most would risk
bodily harm without a thought to fight off a thief or pickpocket to avoid
being left without a wallet and/or passport.

It is probably more common in Europe since they don't have to worry that the
owner of the stolen wallet might be packin'.

Old June 14th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_2_]

Ο "Bruce Remick" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

"gogu" wrote in message

[...]

That's *if* you are aware that somedy is stealing your wallet!
But as we all know most of the times you only understand your wallet is not
in your pocket only when you need it to pay for something;-)
So comparatively to be shot or similar, losing a few bucks (because I don't
think any tourist is stupid enough to carry a wallet full of cash in say,
Piazza Navona or in Piazza del Duomo!) is nothing compared to losing your
life or the life of your beloved...