new keyboard time

Old July 25th 06, 04:50 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black

Default new keyboard time

sorry about the missing letters in my posts....its new KB time...this one
has had a far to many drinks spilt on it, and it is finally getting revenge!

MrB

--

***** CELEBRATING 10 YEARS ON USENET *****
1996 -2006

Old July 25th 06, 02:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

Now why would you be spilling too many drinks on the keyboard anyway?
That's a no-no. I have this large computer desk, that's spread out in
the corner, and the key board has been protected so far. Probably I
don't drink stuff like beer or other kewl drinks near my pc.

Chip

Old July 26th 06, 09:10 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black

yeah, i know, but sometimes i like a glass of so,ething cool when i mess
about online, and sadly a few times it has taken a tumble with some getting
on the kb.
whats worse is i have even taken to placing drinks on the pc mini
tower...now thats just asking for trouble.

MrB

ups.com...

Old July 26th 06, 01:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

You don't have a computer desk set up so you wouldn't place it on the
tower???? I'll have to send a shot of my pc layout for ya!

Chip

Mr Black wrote:
yeah, i know, but sometimes i like a glass of so,ething cool when i mess
about online, and sadly a few times it has taken a tumble with some getting
on the kb.
whats worse is i have even taken to placing drinks on the pc mini
tower...now thats just asking for trouble.

MrB

ups.com...

Old July 26th 06, 09:40 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2

or do like I've done-

I do sit a glass of water on my sub-woofer...on occasion...Now that's even
more dangerous...

But reason being-my computer desk is a "secretary", an antique that's been
refinished!

Old July 26th 06, 09:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

You got your PC on an antiqe? Shame on you! LOL

I would like to redo my office; looking for a wood L shaped desk
almost exactly like I got now (I have only two pieces of furniture in
my house now that are not solid wood and this desk is one of them;
those pressboard stuff like this sucks; it's got a couple small
bubbles and the plastic strip came off the front. Where is a good
place to get an affordable WOOD desk? Office Max and Depot, Target,
Wal-Mart and all furniture stores don't seem to have them. Everything
is "hardwood" meaning pressboard. ;( I tried unfinished wood, but
nothing yet. Is there some catalog of unfinished wood somewhere?

Old July 26th 06, 11:59 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
SBFan2000

I know of somewhere you can get unfinished wood and at fairly good prices.
They are a small operation at this point but I was impressed when I visited
with the founder. Their website isn't up yet but ou might call and see if
you could get a catalog. I havn't talked to the guy for awhile so I'm
unsure at what point he is. I.E. whether he ships all over or not. I got
to see the first "batch" of furniture he got in and it all looked really
nice. All kinds, from cheaper pine stuff to a rare wood from Malasia that
he was showing me. (Looked alot like oak)

Anyway, its an option! There are a growing number of these places because
more and more people want real wood. You probably have one such place
within a hour of two of your home. Do a search for Real Wood Furniture
Certified Member or visit http://www.unfinishedfurniture.org That is a
Association the handles dealers that are certified "Real Wood" sellers.

Glenn

P.S. That start-up company here is "Academy Furniture of Ohio, Ltd." Their
phone (last I knew) is 740-397-1954. 505 Wooster Road, Mount Vernon, OH
43050.

news

Old July 27th 06, 12:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2

There used to be an unfinished wood furniture store here in Pembroke Mall,
but they have since moved. Where? don't know-

Old July 27th 06, 12:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Thanks Glenn; I like the current configuration, but looking for
something that will last and is lighter. I'll check it out!

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 22:59:56 GMT, "SBFan2000"
wrote:

[...]

news

Old July 27th 06, 12:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Kind of like my favorite Antique Store; gone and nobody knows where!