ot music

Old November 12th 05, 08:14 AM
Ian

Default ot music

e wrote:
everyone here has been a lot of help with my return to
collecting. so if there is any music you lost and can't
find, ask. mostly rock, but 50's on pop too.
-e

In the very late 60's/ early 70's there was a Brit band called
`Ecclection', they did one album of the same name before disappearing.
Their album disappeared just as quick. I've been searching on and off
for literally decades. The way that memory can play tricks on you, the
probabilities are high that it is absolute crap. None the less, it is a
goal of mine to find out. Any help tracing this item would be much
appreciated.

Ian
Old November 12th 05, 02:58 PM
Scott

would this happen to be it?
hope it is : )

Scott

"Ian" wrote in message
news

Old November 12th 05, 04:21 PM
Ian

Scott..youze da man!! :-)

I didn't know it had been unearthed and released as a cd. Good grief!
Hard to imagine why anyone remembers their ever so short moment that
wasn't even in the limelight, let alone re-release their stuff.

Probabilities are high that i'll be hurling up all over thew place after
listening to it, but it is an absolute `must' for me to buy that.

I owe you one. Name your poison. :-)

cheers,

Ian

Scott wrote:

would this happen to be it?
hope it is : )

Scott

"Ian" wrote in message
news

Old November 13th 05, 02:30 PM
Scott

it's no problem at all!!
i'm just glad i could help : )

Scott

ps: i dont know if you have listened to "swee****er" from around
that time era, but their cd's have just been released too : ) they are
good!

"Ian" wrote in message
k...
Scott..youze da man!! :-)

I didn't know it had been unearthed and released as a cd. Good grief!
Hard to imagine why anyone remembers their ever so short moment that
wasn't even in the limelight, let alone re-release their stuff.

Probabilities are high that i'll be hurling up all over thew place after
listening to it, but it is an absolute `must' for me to buy that.

I owe you one. Name your poison. :-)

cheers,

Ian

Scott wrote:

would this happen to be it?
hope it is : )

Scott

"Ian" wrote in message
news

Old November 13th 05, 02:36 PM
Ian

Can't say that the name rings any bells but given the layers of cobwebs
on top of my memories of that era that doesn't mean I wouldn't know them
if I heard them.

It's all about the same time as the early `Incredible String Band' music
and offshoots like `Dr Strangely Strange'. There were many promising
bands around that time most of which simply failed to progress beyond
their first albums.

On the strength of your recommend, i'll look out for `swee****er' and
see if i can get hold of some of their music.

cheers,

Ian

"Ian" wrote in message
k...

Scott..youze da man!! :-)

I didn't know it had been unearthed and released as a cd. Good grief!
Hard to imagine why anyone remembers their ever so short moment that
wasn't even in the limelight, let alone re-release their stuff.

Probabilities are high that i'll be hurling up all over thew place after
listening to it, but it is an absolute `must' for me to buy that.

I owe you one. Name your poison. :-)

cheers,

Ian

Scott wrote:

would this happen to be it?
hope it is : )

Scott

"Ian" wrote in message
news

Old November 13th 05, 02:50 PM
Scott

very cool : )

you may like them, i'd say they are a cross between
Jefferson Airplane & Mamas & the Papas but more
pyschodelic (if that makes since lol). Their 1st album
"selftitled swee****er is the best.

Scott

ps: i can always post you a sample somewhere if needed : )

news

"Ian" wrote in message
k...

Scott..youze da man!! :-)

I didn't know it had been unearthed and released as a cd. Good grief!
Hard to imagine why anyone remembers their ever so short moment that
wasn't even in the limelight, let alone re-release their stuff.

Probabilities are high that i'll be hurling up all over thew place after
listening to it, but it is an absolute `must' for me to buy that.

I owe you one. Name your poison. :-)

cheers,

Ian

Scott wrote:

would this happen to be it?
hope it is : )

Scott

"Ian" wrote in message
news

Old November 14th 05, 01:17 PM
Ian

Scott wrote:
very cool : )

you may like them, i'd say they are a cross between
Jefferson Airplane & Mamas & the Papas but more
pyschodelic (if that makes since lol). Their 1st album
"selftitled swee****er is the best.

Scott

ps: i can always post you a sample somewhere if needed : )

I visited the band's website, and apparently there's a live cd released
which isn't probably what i'd be looking for.

If you've got any digital samples, please feel free to email them to me :-)

best use bannock - at - blueyonder.co.uk for that purpose.

If you'd like any Incredible String Band stuff etc...let me know.

Ian