REQ: Inside IBNS needs scan of Hong Kong P206 ($1,000 dated 2000or 2002)

Old March 28th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Owen W. Linzmayer

Default REQ: Inside IBNS needs scan of Hong Kong P206 ($1,000 dated 2000or 2002)

I plan to report on the HSBC's problem with $1000 fake notes as follows:

"In March 2007, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority was forced to recall 3
million $1,000 (US$128) notes after more than 1,500 fake bills had been
discovered in circulation. The affected notes are from the Hong Kong &
Shanghai Banking Corporation and are dated 2000 and 2002 (Pick 206). The old
notes are being replaced with those dated 2003 (Pick 211)."

To illustrate this story, I would like to include an image of the note in
question.

As such, would it be possible for any out there to email me a 300-dpi (dots
per inch), actual size, full-color scans of the front and back of Hong Kong
Pick 206?

In recognition of your contribution, if we use your scan in print or online,
I will publish the following next to any scans you provide:

Courtesy of YOUR NAME (YOUR URL).

I look forward to your prompt reply to this request. Thank you in advance
for your cooperation.
--
Owen W. Linzmayer (IBNS member 7962)
Editor, Inside IBNS

(415) 564-1388

Read about the International Bank Note Society: www.theIBNS.org

Read the latest news about banknotes: www.banknotenews.com

See my notes for sale/trade: www.owenink.com/banknotes/forsale.html

Old March 28th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Andrew

Hi Owen
Scans are on the way
Best Regards